Paperback book cover w/button

coffeeandcrochet

Saw a lovely paperback book cover that livedinalaska made her mil.Made me remember I had made this one a while back and thought I would post in case she or someone else wanted to make this one too. no pattern It essentially is making one long piece. Measuring by folding it over the book. Then on the back leave a button hole size opening so you can make a flap for the book. Insert that flap Whipstitch that in place sew a button on. Sc around entire bookcover. Thats it Easy Peasy

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

I have been meaning to make on of these for each of my SnB books just so there are no questions about the title when I take them places. Thanks for posting pictures becasue I just couldn't work it out in my head. :)

Brilliant idea. Do you happen to have a pattern? I'm no good at add-libbing things.

Sorry I didn't use a pattern, just made it up as I went, but its real simple. I just essentially crocheted a long piece until it was able to fold over both the front cover, and the back cover comfortably. On the back cover make a button hole opening. Crochet a flap w/button hole in it. Whipstitch the flap into place. Then just sc all around it and add a button. I very rarely use a pattern. Hope this helped you a little bit anyway

Sorry I didn't use a pattern, just made it up as I went, but its real simple. I just essentially crocheted a long piece until it was able to fold over both the front cover, and the back cover comfortably. On the back cover make a button hole opening. Crochet a flap w/button hole in it. Whipstitch the flap into place. Then just sc all around it and add a button. I very rarely use a pattern. Hope this helped you a little bit anyway

That seems easy enough. I'll give it a whirl!

Thanks!

Archived