Cold Weather Accessories CAL

vcufashion419

Who is interested in crocheting some hats, scarves, and mittens with me???

It's finally starting to get chilly here in VA and I'm ready to make some things to keep me and my loved ones toasty!!

I am going to be making mittens/hat/scarf set for my niece and then some for my roomies as well. Who wants to join?

Okay, sounds like I'm in! I'm working on several crocheted fingerless gloves for 'Pas de Crochet', and I'm in the process of finishing a knitted scarf. My sister helped me pick a cable pattern out of a book and put a border around it. I should finish it pretty soon, and then I'm going to make a stole with some more (complicated) cable patterns. I have this gorgeous Autumn Red simply soft to make it in.

i'll join in, i'm making a few scarf/hat combo's for toddlers (3 total) i'm done the hats, I followed the Sejia Set pattern from Happy Hooker, and am making matching scarves, i'm also making a couple other scarves for christmas gifts :)

I finished my scarf, but the only digital camera around here is my sister's, so I'll probably be posting photos of it around friday. The stole is giving me problems---I'm not a very good knitter. I'm going to try to work it out, though, and when it's done, I want to knit a floor-length cabled cloak.

I started a scarf for myself and am going too make a hat too match after, I was gifted 4 skeins of Caron Simply Soft in the 3 oz. sizes, I LOVE this yarn and it's not available here so I wanted too make myself something special with it, I have 2 Lt. Country Blue and 2 Orchid. I just chained the length I wanted and am doing all hdc across, I have 5 rows done so far and i'm changing colors every row, i'll post a pic as soon as it's done:hook I just need too pick out a hat pattern too match:yay

Grrrrr! My cabled stole is being MEAN to me!!!!! I think it will end up being a work-on-on-weekends-when-my-sister-who-knits-much-better-that-I-can-is-home-from-college project.

On a brighter note, the yarn does look good, and the metal needles aren't poking me...or is that because I'm not using them?

Debbie, your hats look so warm and cozy...almost looks as if you used two strands of yarn! I hope you don't mind my asking if there is a link to the pattern you are using or if you can tell me what book you found the pattern in...maybe I already have the pattern in my collection!! Oh, how I love making hats and everyone on my Christmas list will get one this year!

Debbie, your hats look so warm and cozy...almost looks as if you used two strands of yarn! I hope you don't mind my asking if there is a link to the pattern you are using or if you can tell me what book you found the pattern in...maybe I already have the pattern in my collection!! Oh, how I love making hats and everyone on my Christmas list will get one this year!

Here is the link:

http://members.aol.com/JSchlossma/thdchat.html

You do hold two strands of yarn together.

:yarn here are my hats, I completed all ten here are a fewCharityHats.jpg

Here is the hat and scarf setHatscarf.jpg

I tried to make clickable but then thoses extra letters would come up and it still would not really so the detail.........so I hope you all can see the pics ok:manyheart

Scarf.jpg

added this pic you can see the stitch better

Archived