WHat projects are you working on?

karebear

Right now I am trying to finish up a sweater for my son for Christmas and a sweater for myself. I want to start a jacket for me but I made myself finish these two first.

Right now I am still making hedgehogs. See this post. I have about 4 more to make for people that want them for Christmas.

I am lusting over the Modern Quilt Wrap. I just can't justify the price of the Rowan Kidsilk haze that it calls for. It would be over $100 to make it in that yarn. Hopefully, I will be able to find someone over at Ravelry that has made this in something cheaper.

Other than that....my knitting and crocheting hasn't been too productive. I would really like to start my first sweater sometime this winter!

See my WIP list. I should add to it a modular-knit sweater that I started this summer and haven't got halfway with yet. My large knitting projects (sweaters mostly) are always fun to start but then I get bored and they languish on needles indefinitely! :P So, I'm thinking of knitting up a pair of hiking socks for quicker project. Found some great variegated yarn that I'd love to knit with.....oh well, off to add another item to the WIP list. :devil

I'm plodding away at Knitting For Dummies Toggle Jacket and a simple garter stitch scarf. I can't wait to finish the jacket but it seems so slow with two needles. I know if I did it with a hook it would be done in a week or two. It's a good thing I think the yarn looks better knitted then crocheted.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

However, I have a question. The LYS owner told me that if I do a scarf in K1 row and P1 row that it would curl up on the sides, so that I should have a knit stitch at either end. Does it depend on the yarn or is that pretty much across the board?

Thanks!

And I might make some potholders just to work on my tension. I have GREAT tension with crochet, but my knitting tension needs some work.

Right now I am still making hedgehogs. See this post. I have about 4 more to make for people that want them for Christmas.

I am lusting over the Modern Quilt Wrap. I just can't justify the price of the Rowan Kidsilk haze that it calls for. It would be over $100 to make it in that yarn. Hopefully, I will be able to find someone over at Ravelry that has made this in something cheaper.

Other than that....my knitting and crocheting hasn't been too productive. I would really like to start my first sweater sometime this winter!

OMG, that Modern Quilt Wrap is gorgeous!!!!!! :manyheart

However, I have a question. The LYS owner told me that if I do a scarf in K1 row and P1 row that it would curl up on the sides, so that I should have a knit stitch at either end. Does it depend on the yarn or is that pretty much across the board?

Thanks!

And I might make some potholders just to work on my tension. I have GREAT tension with crochet, but my knitting tension needs some work.

With the stockingette stitch, it does tend to curl. To avoid this, try making a small garter stitch border of two or three stitches on the sides and two or three rows on the top and bottom. The lady down the hall taught me that tip for scarves.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Archived