Cat Costume

Megs

my oldest wants to be a cat for halloween but like most teens she is very picky when it comes to stuff. She didn't like any of the cat stuff she saw at the stores. So I ended up making her cat ears, tail and so far one cat paw.

th_Picture380.jpg

I used white and black fun fur with white and black yarn for them with a p hook. I ran out of white fun fur after the first paw so she will have to wait a bit for the second paw. I attached the ears to hair clips. I like the way they turned out and they feel just like cats fur too.

th_Picture381.jpgth_Picture383.jpg

here are some pictures with her sister modeling em (she didn't want to take pictures as she is having a bad hair day she says, :blush ) the pictures are clickable the last pic (side view) is fuzzy some as my camera was acting up

That is great. It must be very enjoyable to have children that can't find anything "cool" in a store and then comes to you to make something new and in style.

Very good.

Thanks everyone

Oh I just LOVE LOVE it!!!!! My dd loves cats, and I might have to try this idea... thanks!!!!!!!!!!:cheer How'd you get the ears to stay on, hairpins?

Right now I just have the hair pins stuck threw the yarn but i am planning to hot glue the ears to hair clips so they will stay in one place and not flop over.

Thanks everyone

Right now I just have the hair pins stuck threw the yarn but i am planning to hot glue the ears to hair clips so they will stay in one place and not flop over.

That is a good idea! Thanks for sharing. I have to make this!:cheer

Archived