First Thread Project - Any ideas?

Kaggs

I've never crocheted in thread before, but after seeing all the beautiful items everyone here creates, I'd really like to give it a try. Does anybody have some suggestions for a good first pattern in thread crochet. I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks. :)

i think doilies are reallllly great:cheer beginner items for doilies. that what i learned

crocheting on when i was 8/9 yrs old. there are LOTS of FREE patterns on the net.... just type in something like "small crochet doilies" or i am sure someone

will come along & give you some reallllllly good sites for crochet. good luck ....:clap judy

Bookmarks is where I started. They don't take long and there are some really easy patterns At Crochet Pattern Central to choose from. Doilies are probably good too I've never made one.

Coasters, Bookmarks, small easy projects. Dishcloths are nice also. Simple doilies are good to. There are alot of things you can make. Actually anything you can do with yarn you can do with thread. It's really just a medium. Not a different way to crochet. You just have to adjust to the smaller hooks and the thread.

Check out some of the patterns here

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/index.php

I'd try a little snowflake first, just to give you something easy to complete. If doing a doily, definitely try a tiny one first, because large ones can take a very long time for a beginner who is used to yarn.

Archived