My first bead crochet with wire

MaryPat

I bought these pearls in Hong Kong several years when visiting my daughter. They're slightly lavender. The holes were too small to string onto #30 thread because once the thread was doubled , it was too thick. But #28 artist's wire worked fine. Just that each bead had to be individually put onto the wire.

I was inspired by a pattern in Nancy Wiseman's Crochet with Wire.

I have enough beads for a necklace, but the same technique won't work because the necklace won't lie flat, so I'm still thinking about how to make it look like the bracelet without making it stiff like the bracelet.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4250960&a=31466836&p=75902596

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4250960&a=31466836&p=75902597&f=0

Nice job! Can't you make a choker with the rest? It doesn't need to lay flat, it'll fit like the bracelet fits.

That would be the easy solution. But I can't stand anything around my neck like that. (Hmm wonder what psychoanalysis would make of that?)

• 2 weeks later...

:yay Beautiful :yay Love the beads!

As far as the necklace maybe using a 30 gage would help and a looser stitch or a larger hook... helps to relax the wire. I use a 26 gage for my bracelets, but I pull on them so the 30 gage doesn't work for me.

Very Nice Mary Pat.... Have a great day :yay

:yay Beautiful :yay Love the beads!

As far as the necklace maybe using a 30 gage would help and a looser stitch or a larger hook... helps to relax the wire. I use a 26 gage for my bracelets, but I pull on them so the 30 gage doesn't work for me.

Very Nice Mary Pat.... Have a great day :yay

Thank you for the tips. I'm so used to matching the hook to the size of the yarn/thread. I'll look for a 30 gauge. Maybe if I get brave after this, I'll try real silver wire.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived