anyone know/can make a pattern for...

I used to make these all the time ~ although I never wrote a pattern.

Use sc as its a tighter st, and make it about 5 - 6 inches long, go as high as you need (measure largest needle), for the inside I used felt, as the needles slip in easy and stay put (do the felt like the pages of a book) - done this way it can be folded and will be 3 inches by whatever height you decided on. You can put a button and loop closure on it or leave as is.

If this doesn`t work for you I can do one and write up a pattern. Let me know. :hook

I just stick mine in a piece of felt, but here is a cute pincushion (3rd pattern, the top 2 are hat pin toppers)....

http://www.discontinued-items.com/crafts/archives/2004/07/11/hat-pin-cushion-crochet-pattern/

This is probably more like it

http://members.optusnet.com.au/we2/needlecase.html

I keep my large yarn needles and some small safety pins for markers in an old prescription bottle that has a poptop. I've been using it for years and it's still going strong.

Real Deal

Here's why I put them in an old prescription bottle. When I first started crocheting, my hooks, tape measure, a tiny book of sts, the pins and 1 big needle needed a home besides the bottom of my totebag. I had a small canvas pencil bag with a zipper top that had nothing in it at the time, so I plopped them all in the bag along with a small pair of scissors. This worked great, but I discovered the pins and that needle would settle down along the bottom seam and did not wish to come out of there. I always had to struggle and one day I said to myself "Why am I doing this EVERY time I need a pin?" Well, there was the empty prescription bottle, and the length was so-o-o-o right. Of course, I had a horrible time getting the label off it ~ soak, scrape, rip. I finally asked my mother about getting that stupid label off. She said "Let it dry, then use lighter fluid. It'll come off." It did. I washed it again, and it's been home ever since for those pins and that needle. The needle got some new needles too to cohabitate with. So, the bottle goes into the little canvas bag, and that goes in the big totebag.

Real Deal

What about using one of those Ami toys as a pincushion for yarn/tapestry needles? They look like they'd make adorable pincushions... Great, now I have more ideas in my head then I have time to make.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

This little sewing kit might work well for you...looks like it's just a square that has three corners sewn together, with ribbon ties to keep it closed. I recommend getting a little plastic case as previously mentioned (Tic-Tac boxes are also wonderful, too!), and you can still crochet the sewing kit case and make it large enough that you can also put in a small pair of embroidery scissors. Just a thought.

Archived