Can you identify this pattern?

I was in Idaho this weekend, and while at my husband's aunt's house I came across a nice afghan. The aunt didn't know anything about the pattern, as it was a gift from her now-deceased mother-in-law, so I took a picture and thought the bright minds here could probably identify it. I'd love to make it for my brother for Christmas. He's requested an afghan and I've been looking for the right pattern.

Here's the picture:

th_unknownpattern.jpg

It's kind of hard to tell, but the blue sections have sort of wide v-shaped stitches going up that look kind of like vines. It looks like the thinner blue strips are done separately and then woven into the white. There is also blue fringe on the long ends.

One more question: do you think this would look OK done in three colors, like if the thinner strips were in a green or something?

Thanks so much if anyone can help me!!

its very pretty, and i agree the thin strips look woven in after. and the blue panels i have no idea, someone here did a vine-looking afghan just recently but it didnt look like that. from what i can see i nthe pic it looks like maybe some sort os slanting frontpost-backpost effect.hope someone else has maybe seen this

Don't know about the pattern, but I think I'd keep the thin lines the same color as the broad ones. It makes it look more elegant. It's a pretty design that would be great for a guy.

This free pattern gives you one way to make those vine-like stitches which seem to be a Tr crossed over 4 dc. (at a guess :think)

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/freepatterndetails.php?id=47

Hope that works... if not you can :google Summer Lilacs throw.

That afghan you have would be fairly simple to recreate and I think it would be neat to have a different colour woven through.

Please show us pics if you make your version of this. it is really nice.

Archived