You guys have gone and done it now!!!

Oh I just had do this in a separate thread (search "Golda") because you guys had such an impact on a very sweet lady who has no computer, cell phone, or even a microwave. Not that she's poor. She's just not hooked up with all these new fangled things.

If you went to my blog, you'll know that Golda is 94 and is still crocheting mainly for charity. She's one of the most amazing people i've come across. And of course she's never even heard of a blog.

So all the comments she's reading from you guys (on a neighbor's computer), especially the ones mentioning where they're from, have her spirits absolutely soaring!

Isn't it amazing? I just can't get over what neat things can be done with the internet... and especially with what kind folks like you find here can do to lift people up.

Go take a look in the comment section in my blog. Notice especially the last entry, from Golda's great grandaughter. Enough to make a crusty old hook whittler's eyes get damp.

I'm thinking this is just too good of a thing to let go of. So i'm thinkin... What if once in awhile we were to gang up on a selected individual like just happened with Golda. It worked so well with Golda that i can't help but think it would be a really neat thing to do for other folks.

Of course this would be for folks, and there's lots of them, who aren't hooked up to the net and who don't have a clue about the 'Ville.

I'm hearing from Golda's family just how excited and thrilled she is that folks from all over are writing her little notes with pats on the back. She's absolutely thrilled. So why couldn't we do that more?? With other deserving folk. Kind of like the comfortgans you kind hearted folk do, only with less yarn involved.

Whatcha think???

Regardless.... thank you all who are sending Golda notes in my blog. You've lifted a kind and caring spirit. Didn't do any damage to mine either.

Jimbo

I know... and that's what I've been thinking about. Wouldn't it be great if we could kind of gang up on other "Goldas" out there.

It sure has worked well in the blog format, with a little notice to kind folks here.

I'd love to see someone else do this and have it catch on.

Might be something for one of our honchos to toss around. A separate topic?

I don't have a clue how our leaders work their magic.

That said, I can't think of a better way to do it than through a blog where there's a little bit of disconnect between the instigators and the recipient. With the blog, there's a whole lot more focus on the recipient. If it was all done here, it'd have to just be one thread among all the others at the time. Plus that way all that would need be done here in the 'Ville would be a post from the blogger, drawing our attention to the blog site where there'd be something about the person who's up for allocades.

Or could it be done differently?

Anyways, what i know is that Golda is just seeing the stuff in my blog and thinks everyone's coming out of the blue to say hi... and that's just got her floating! And a well deserved float it is.

hey Jimbo, check out this story, it was on my local news a while back this might just be another "Golda" http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/ccf9b0a8-c0a8-2f11-0018-3386722362f8

Archived