Help! Yarn for WOP has been discontinued!!!

I have completed 47 of 48 roses for a Christmas rose afghan and Red Heart has discontinued their 4ply fire red yarn!!!! I only need a small amount and if anyone has some in their stash, I would gladly purchase it from you! I can't believe it! Even the ice cream stores give you some advance notice before they kill off a flavor! Sheesh!!!:(

chicken

Don't panic. There's lots of members here. Someone might have what you need.

If nothing comes up in the next few days, I have something different you could try. It's Lion Brand Jamie Baby in Scarlet. It's red, very red. I use 3 strands to bring it up to ww, so you'd have to roll a skein into 3 balls. I can send a skein if you can't find any matching in the Red Heart.

Also, have you tried contacting Red Heart? Ok. Hang on. I just bought a couple new skeins of RH, so let me check the label.

The label states: Coats & Clark, P.O. Box 12229, Greenville, SC, 29612. OR http://www.coatsandclark.com for the Net.

Real Deal

I have completed 47 of 48 roses for a Christmas rose afghan and Red Heart has discontinued their 4ply fire red yarn!!!! I only need a small amount and if anyone has some in their stash, I would gladly purchase it from you! I can't believe it! Even the ice cream stores give you some advance notice before they kill off a flavor! Sheesh!!!:(

chicken

Do you have a number for that (or a picture of the colour)? My RH doesn't have names anymore.

chicken

could it be the hotred, they carry that at their web site, i never saw one that said fire red and i have alot of yarn hope that helps

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Products/Crochet/Yarns/Medium/Red+Heart+Super+Saver+%28Economy%29.htm

I have a small amount of #390 Hot Red if that's the one you want I'll send it to you. I'm glad I read this post because just yesterday I put all my scraps in a bag to donate to a friend that makes lapghans for the local Nursing Home. Let me know if this is the color you are looking for:)

Archived