Anyone join Craftster's Choice book club?

NameThatCandy

hi there,

I am thinking to join Craftster's choice book club, does anyone join them? do you recommend?

They have great selections of craft books. And for first 4 books, only $1 each. They have books I want to buy, but the prices just seems to good to be true.

[email=http://www.crafterschoice.com/doc/club_url/club_url.jhtml;jsessionid=REE400FFCWHMGCTI4ENCFFY?_requestid=18105]http://www.crafterschoice.com/doc/club_url/club_url.jhtml;jsessionid=REE400FFCWHMGCTI4ENCFFY?_requestid=18105[/email]

thanks

All book clubs have that special introductory deal where you can get fabulous books for pennies. However, many of them then require that you buy a minimum number of books (at full price plus shipping) over the course of a year.

I was a member for a while and it was OK. The only advice I would give is to ask yourself if you would really buy the book (introductory ones) if you saw it in a store. If you can't find 4 that you would buy in a store then it's not worth it. Also make sure that you get the monthly response back ASAP. It's a lot easier than returning books.

I belong to it and really like it. Like someone said, it makes sense to wait until they're having some sort of special and then stock up. Just make sure that you refuse the monthly selection, if you don't want it, RIGHT AWAY. Otherwise, it's a major pain to return it. I do everything with them on-line, so that I don't have to waste the postage just to tell them "no thanks" for the monthly selection I don't want.

I was a member for a while and it wasn't difficult to fulfill the requirements. The percentage off they give makes up for the price of shipping.

I was a member for a while, then dropped it after I fullfilled my requirements. If I was one who did every craft that you could think of, I would rejoin, but there were just not enough books that I was interested in :(

You can call customer service and ask for then to change your account to Positive Response - this means you only get the book when YOU request it, so you NEVER have to send back the postcard or enter it online.

I have done that for years, and don't have to worry about forgetting to return/enter that I don't want it.

I am a member and I am very happy with it. The I got SNB, Flirty Crochet, and I forget the other 2 for the $1. With shipping it came out to about $4 per book the first order.

I have already fulfilled my 2 book minimum, I ordered Doris Chan's book and Lily Chin's Couture book, I forgot the price but I got a great deal :clap I waited for one of their sales to do it.

I will keep the membership because they often have good sales and free shipping codes so I can feed my Pattern addiction :hook

Archived