just had to share RE: crocheting confused with knitting

So I crocheted in every class today bc I got an inspiration for a Christmas present and wanted to start right away. Got some great interest fo my upcoming crochet club, and tons of "what are you knitting?" which of course gave me the opportunity to explain the difference, however 6th hr b4 I could reply to the boy who asked what I was knitting one of my girls (7th grader mind you) says "she's crocheting, man that drives me crazy" while shaking her head that he didn't know the difference. I had to turn around to laugh it was just too funny.:lol

Our local paper had one of those 'fun facts' in it that described crocheting as a form of knitting. It took all of my self control not to rip it to shreds! Knitting is knitting and Crocheting is crocheting the only thing they have in common is that they are both fiber arts! Well as far as I'm concerned anyway.

This past week there was an article in our local paper entitled " Knitters With A Mission". One photograph showed a lady using a crochet hook with the caption stating that she was knitting a hat, while the second picture showed a lady demonstrating how to stitch a hat with a hook. In the foreground there was a nice afghan made from granny squares designed as a clown. The members belong to the Stiches Of Love ministry and are teaching residents of the Camellia Gardens Retirment Community in Slidell, LA how to knit and crochet as stated in the article.

My husband usually gives me a hard time with the comment "What are you knitting?", but I was impressed when he pointed out the wording of the article, clearly letting me know that he does know the difference.

Desireé

...and then sometimes you get surprised. Yesterday my minister dropped by. He's a certified Artisan in woodcarving and boy oh boy his work is superb. So I had just finished a centerpiece and said here's what I like to do...and he looked long and hard at it and said ... now get this .... "I remember my mother used to enjoy crocheting; this is beautiful work."

Yup, he knew what it was!

:clap

Archived