Colors

I was just invited to a last minute wedding. I was thinking of making up a blanket for them, but I can't decide on what colors to use, and it has been two years since I have seen the inside of their house. I was thinking cream, but just one color is bland in my opinion. I want to know what you all think, and if just using a cream is ok?

Cream would be fine, especially if you use a textured design, such as one with front post and back post double crochets. Look for an Aran crochet pattern and you can't go wrong!

Jenny

I used soft white and did a shell pattern. I used 2 strands throughout and it worked up really fast. I did a twin in a week, but I work full time plus school, so I don't have a ton of time devoted to crocheting. :( I would guess a queen wouldn't take much longer, and the shell pattern turned out really pretty. I think I just did a chain the width I wanted it, then a row of sc, then I ch 3, (skipped 2, 3 dc in the next sc) across, ending with a ch 3 in the last sc (and if it wasn't exact, I just kind of...skipped a stitch or 2 at the end...). Then I would turn, ch2, sc across I think? Something like that. :) It was a few months ago. For the border I did a simple sc 1 round. And no pictures, drat it all anyway. :) I'll have the friend I gave it to send me some.

A cream or an off white would be fine. IMO, I would find a light and lacy pattern. This way the color of the afghan would not overpower anything. I know Mile a Minute has a few.:hook

just wondering if the couple is registered anywhere? if they are maybe you could check the registry to see what colors and styles they are looking for. then that would give you something to go on. other than that cream would be the way to go. good luck.

A solid color, especially white or cream, is always nice for wedding presents.

A popular pattern is this one:

http://www.therockingchair.us/squareeleganceafghan.html

:)

That is a beautiful afghan! Thanks for the pattern, I have less than two weeks to get it done, so we will see what happens.

Thank you all for the reimbursement that using just a cream is ok!

Archived