Australian Crocheter

oldbonboys

Just wondering where you live Mittymoo - I live in Old Bonalbo in Northern NSW. It has been very cold here this winter as well!! The coldest winter since my youngest (15) was a baby. Lots of frozen water pipes etc.

I live down south from you, between Mudgee and Bathurst!! We didn't have any frozen pipes this year, but the problem is we haven't had any rain much. We would really love a good downpour - the 2-3 mm we have been getting has been keeping the grass alive, but not putting any water in the dams, which is a BIG problem heading into summer. The Central Tablelands is still officially drought declared.

I know you have been getting some really low temperatures up your way; we are hopeful that a low may come across from WA and bring a good dump and a couple of gullyrakers!! WE NEED IT DESPERATELY!!!!

Jenny

Hope that you get some rain very soon. We were getting desperate as well - we are all on tanks - but we have had some good rain in August. The country side is just starting to green up again. What have you been crocheting? How long have you been a member of this group? I just found it when I was doing a doll pattern search and thought that I would give it a try. Still learning how it all works etc.

I've been making a 6 pointed star afghan as well as some squares for a square swap afghan on another site. I've only been here since July this year, and found it when I googled Crochet forum!! Started crocheting again this year after chopping off a third of my left thumb in an accident with a log splitter in 2005. So far I have only been using 8 ply yarn, but hope to get back to thread crochet soon. The remnants of the thumb don't always allow a good grip on thread!!!

We are still desperate for rain here. Everything is green, and looks fantastic, but there is no ground water which is a REAL worry. And summer here, as you would know, can get brutal!!!

You will enjoy this forum!! You always get a lot of help with things, and people are happy to take advice given too.

Jenny

Welcome, welcome welcome! I'm pretty new too and I LOVE IT HERE! I am up till 1am sometimes, there is so much to check out. By the time I think I've made a dent there is so much more new to read and learn. It's wonderful! :clap

Does anyone ever look through their yarn and not have the right one - no matter how much they have?

Have been crocheting up some dolls clothes for my nieces who are visiting and I have to keep raiding my Mum's stash as I never seem to have the right bit to do the outfit that is wanted.

Hi Dianne, look forward to seeing what you come up with for the 40th anniversary for the CPD's I had some which I gave to my daughter but she's not the girly type and I sent them all off to the charity shop ! I should have ebay'd them LOL.

Let's see some pics of your beautiful country and make me real jealous !

Archived