Crochet and hair accessories.....

boo1

Question

I'm making scrunchies in school colors for my students to give as rewards (the girls; I don't think the boys would be interested...). Any suggestions for girls whose hair is too short for a scrunchie? Barettes are a bit pricey sometimes, maybe I can check the dollar stores though. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

:)

8 answers to this question

I'm making scrunchies in school colors for my students to give as rewards (the girls; I don't think the boys would be interested...). Any suggestions for girls whose hair is too short for a scrunchie? Barettes are a bit pricey sometimes, maybe I can check the dollar stores though. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

:)

I've made crochet flowers and glued them on hair clips that I got at Michaels (i think) The sort of raindrop shaped metal things that spring out of shape to put the hair in, and spring back into shape to hold the hair.

I think I got a panel of clippies (12 in assorted sizes) for something like $1.50. Oh you'll need something like Aileen's jewlery glue to stick the flowers on. It holds them great.

847749067_6287001100.jpg

847749029_dff2d4c8fe_m.jpg Headbands are good with any length hair too, but they're so much bigger then scrunchies...

How about a fun fur necklace with beads? Our $ stores sometimes have the fun fur or you can use any fancy mohair type on clearance.

I used a flexible beading needle to string the beads on or just take a piece of thinish craft wire and twist one end to make a loop. Thread the fun fur through the loop then thread on 23 beads.

I did 6 ch stitches then bring up a bead and ch stitch over it. Then I did 5 more ch stitches, bring up a bead and ch over it. Then I repeated making 5ch stitches and bring up a bead and ch and so on until all 23 beads are used. I think I ended with a ch stitch over a bead.

Then at the end I made a slip stitch into first ch stitch to join and wove the ends in or tied them together so it didn't show. Mary

necklace.jpg

Archived