40% off! what fun!

Our Ben Franklin craft store is going out of business after 20 years... :( I seldom shopped at that store, but I went in today and walked out a very happy crocheter, arms full of new yarn!

I got 14 assorted skeins of yarn and 4 fun fur scarves already made and my total was $22... I may have to go back! And you know it, you just knew that they had peach yarn!!! :blush yeah, if I'd have gone there to check I wouldn't have had to buy it off of ebay! I grabbed a few back up skeins of that too just cuz it's hard to find. I'm at work now til 3am but I'll put a pic in this thread tomorrow to show off my loot!

:c9

sorry to hear that! We have several other craft stores in this area: Hobby Lobby, JoAnns, Michaels, and then the walmart section... Ben Franklin sure did get picked over quickly, and they're being tight with the sales... it was 30% for weeks, now it finally went to 40%. They're staying open til there's nothing left, that's the way to do it I guess. I also wonder what happened...

We have a store called Meijers, it is a big chain that started in Michigan. I walked into the yarn department yesterday and saw red clearance tags all over everything. RH Super saver $1.50 a skein, simply soft $0.92 a skein, Wiggles yarn, $2.02 and so many others. Also their Bernat WW 8 oz skeins were $1.99. Needless to say I spent way too much money. I even took DH back with me and we bought even more. :hook

sounds like ya all had some great bargains how cool is that. way to go i am envious:devil :devil jk am happy for ya all, hubby would totally kill me if i bought anymore yarn need to sell more cheap after he goes back to work gfonna have me a big yarn sale and your all invited:devil :devil

Nice bunch of yarn, plus the scarves. You are so lucky!

Actually, the Ben Franklins all went out around here years ago. I really didn't know they still exsisted.

:manyheart

Good for you! :yay As sad as it is to see a store go out of business, it's nice to be able to take advantage of the sales! I bought a ton of stuff when our Hancock Fabrics closed earlier this year.

We still have a Ben Franklin, but I have to admit I don't shop there often. They're the more expensive than Michael's or JoAnn's, though they do have a good selection.

Ours Ben Franklin is closing, also. Now I have to travel about 35 miles + to get to one. They always had the best selection of Susan Bates needles and hooks. Fortunately, I have most of what I need. They also had the best color assortment of Sugar n Cream crochet cotton. Not so sure about the stores in Strasburg, VA or Charles Town, WV. Not sure it would be worth the drive. Thank God for internet sources. With a little luck, we'll get a Hobby Lobby or A.C. Moore. The A.C. Moore store I was in recently in NJ had a great selection of Sugar n Cream colors. The nearest A.C. Moore is about 50 miles away in the Northern Virginia lousey traffic areas.

Beverly

tee hee... more yarn! I have no idea why I'm buying so much, but dang how can I pass it up? There were three more skeins not pictured; two light blue and a varigated blue, and those three plus two hooks and that blue scarf are all packaged up for my little niece! I sure hope she enjoys her surprise package... :D

moreyarn.jpg

when I went the first time there were two big racks of yarn (nothing compared to what the store carried) and now today there in only one small rack left, and most of that is some yarn that goes for almost $6 a skein regular price, I passed that by!

Archived