what about these lighted crochet hooks and needles for knitting

susie

what do people think of these lighted hooks and needles do they really help or a money maker thought maybe would help with the dark colors like black ( i have problems with dark colors getting old i guess) would like to hear from people who used them before i dish out 45 dollars susie

first, don't shell out $45. I think they are only about $8 or so, and if you live near a Joann's or Michael's you could use a 40% off coupon. Try one before investing in a whole set.

I bought one hook. It works well and does add illumination right where you need it. I was hoping to be able to use it to crochet in the dark, but that didn't really work out too well, although I could crochet through dusk.

Joan

I'm working on a black shawl and was having so much trouble seeing the stitches that I thought the lighted hook would be ideal. So I bought one. I like the light except that it is VERY bright on the tip--almost makes me see spots! It does help to see where I need to put the next stitch. But I've never liked plastic hooks, and this one feels flimsy. I'm afraid to leave it in my work out of fear that the hook will break at the handle, and it was too expensive to let it get broken! Because I'm working with black, I haven't tried using it in a dark place, but I have used a booklight as some others have posted. It's just my opinion, but I think the booklight works just as well and is a lot less expensive--I bought one for a dollar.

My Michael's doesn't have them yet.

I did get one on sale at Joann's for about $4. I haven't used it yet because I'm working on something else and can't get distracted. lol

I won't crochet in the dark. I bought it because it was cool and fun to play with. Plus being a huge Star Wars nerd, it's too much like a lightsaber not to get one.

:yes

I have several of these hooks and I wish they could make one for thread. I sure would buy some. I love them, they are great for dark colors. Even with a light over my shoulder and being bright, it is still somewhat difficult to see the stitches. These hooks make it so much easier.

I would buy one from Joann's or someone and try it before you buy more. I wouldn't shell out $45.00 till you know if you like them or not and eveyone has them. If not Joann's try Maggie's crochet.:hook

Archived