Lacewt merino Christening gown - am I insane?

frogrockr

Oh by all means press on...it's quite lovely and you can do it...and when it's done, you'll be so happy and proud (and you'll deserve to be so happy and proud...) I'll be one of your cheerleaders...

Thank you - and to momkat as well!! :ghug

I have craft group today - that should be worth a few repeats of shells!

Manda

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it the "having a baby" part ? or having another little person around (with the beautiful beautiful eyes that yours are utterly blessed with)?

I'm trying to work it out :2hug

nope its having another little one running around! and another mouth to feed etc...

nope its having another little one running around! and another mouth to feed etc...

I guess when you have two, at least you're relatively evenly matched - children versus grown ups... :dreaming

Add another person under a metre tall to the equation and....:eek they have the upper hand... :faint

Manda

I guess when you have two, at least you're relatively evenly matched - children versus grown ups... :dreaming

Add another person under a metre tall to the equation and....:eek they have the upper hand... :faint

Manda

never looked at it that way! but you do have a point, unfortunatly. but this baby thing....

never looked at it that way! but you do have a point, unfortunatly. but this baby thing....

hmmmm....... How about ----

if I ever do manage to find a frog to kiss.. and not just another toad.. and we end up having a baby - you can have the vicarious pleasure (??) of listening to all the problems I know are going to come up??????????????:devil

I think there's way more chance of me finishing this Gown than me finding the handsome Prince.... :dreaming

Manda

hey!!!!!

i keep telling you your day is coming! stop looking! and you know i will be there for you to guide you!

gown is looking fabulous!!!!!!!

keep your chin up!

kris

hmmmm....... How about ----

if I ever do manage to find a frog to kiss.. and not just another toad.. and we end up having a baby - you can have the vicarious pleasure (??) of listening to all the problems I know are going to come up??????????????:devil

I think there's way more chance of me finishing this Gown than me finding the handsome Prince.... :dreaming

Manda

So - am I totally insane?

We all are in a way, to place these challenges on ourselves, and work ourselves all hours of the day and night to create a piece of art that we are not even sure will be appreciated? Insanely in love with crochet, and willing to do anything to prove it, :haha.

Do I give up??

Never give up, that would make you a quitter, and you are much to talented for that.

Do I press on?

You will perservere against all odds, as a crocheter it is in your nature.

Do I regret going out last night and drinking WAY too much wine?

Whoops, did you enjoy it? Live your life and enjoy it, it is too short to waste on worry.

Help me please....

Manda

From your picture, you are very good at what you do, don't let little doubts nibble at your creativity. You go girl!!!

• 2 years later...

It's been over two and a half years since I started the Lace weight Christening Gown.

In that time, it has travelled about 28,000 km with me, has used 1500yds and still is only on repeat 24 of the shells in the skirt.

I intend to go to 51 repeats in the skirt, and then make an underskirt from voile or a super fine silk, trimmed with a repeat of the open crescents.

post-7956-135897526551_thumb.jpg

It's beautiful! This story is very inspiring. I've been wanting to try some thread crochet, but I'm afraid it will take too long to finish a piece. I tend to work on something pretty much nonstop until it's done so I'm not sure my husband and kids would appreciate a time intensive project. But this makes me want to try it even more. It's gorgeous!

Archived