Lacewt merino Christening gown - am I insane?

frogrockr

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you like the blog!! Its fun mixing heavy trucks, miners and crochet!:yay

And Irikel - I dont ever ever ever want to have that bad a hangover again!!!!:blush

Manda

Your blog writing reminds me a lot of the shopaholic books...that same kind of humour..I am going to bookmark it :)

I'm hoping thats a good thing!!!:yes

The emails I got last week (regarding our big CAT Dump Trucks) were kind of funny. The guys obviously wanted to know more about the Trucks, told me to stop bothering with all the "knitting crap"!:lol

Please drop me a hello on the blog! It'd be nice to have a comment from someone other than my mother!!!!!:blush

Manda

Yes it's a good thing lol I loved those books, and I will comment on your blog my name is Barb...I will head there right now. I'll say hi to your mom also :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!!

I thought I might show you where the gown was up to!

It is coming along slowly - you can see its progress (and whats been getting in the way ) on my blog!:)

laceweightgowgrows.jpg

Thanks so much for all your support!:hug

Manda

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - just proving you should never give up (or at least - maybe I should learn when not to start a project!):blush

The Laceweight Christening Gown is making progress!

Gownwithsleeve.jpg

I started the sleeves because I needed a break from the shells on the skirt - you can see more photos on my blog:

http://safetybootsandcrochet.wordpress.com/2007/09/26/something-has-happened-in-my-bag-and-its-not-good/

Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

Manda

you know manda i kinda wish i was pregnant and having a girl and then christening her because i would surly borrow this gown (when its done). i am in awe of your patience to do this kind of work!

talk to you soon

kris

you know manda i kinda wish i was pregnant and having a girl and then christening her because i would surly borrow this gown (when its done). i am in awe of your patience to do this kind of work!

talk to you soon

kris

Hmmmmm... is that *really* enough motivation to have another baby????:devil

Patience has nothing to do with it - I finished the sleeve this morning waiting in the car!!!

http://safetybootsandcrochet.wordpress.com/2007/09/28/volvos-sometimes-theyre-a-necessary-evil/

Manda

Thanks!!1 but we need to see more of your gown!

Manda

would you care to make it interesting? see who gets done first? I'll bet you a sewing machine warranty and a bottle of shampoo, I beat ya. :lol

I didn't work on it today, worked on my flannelghan, I'll get back to it tomorrow I hope.

hmmmmm... but you're working with #10 thread and I'm working with something that between #20 and #40!:P

I might race you on a pair of booties!!!:devil

At present its a better race to see which gets finished - the gown or the Tailings Dam!!!!

Manda

hmmmmm... but you're working with #10 thread and I'm working with something that between #20 and #40!:P

I might race you on a pair of booties!!!:devil

At present its a better race to see which gets finished - the gown or the Tailings Dam!!!!

Manda

I just thought you might need shampoo for some reason?

Hmmmmm... is that *really* enough motivation to have another baby????:devil

Patience has nothing to do with it - I finished the sleeve this morning waiting in the car!!!

http://safetybootsandcrochet.wordpress.com/2007/09/28/volvos-sometimes-theyre-a-necessary-evil/

Manda

i don't need any motivation!!!! my husband on the other hand..... lets just say if i really want another then i have a huge fight on my hands. but one could try and hope right?

I dont know what you mean :lashes

You no like the Fraggle hair do??

its still very much a case of :ohdear

Manda

yes.. who still needs to go buy shampoo....

I think you look beautiful shampoo or not :hug

Oh by all means press on...it's quite lovely and you can do it...and when it's done, you'll be so happy and proud (and you'll deserve to be so happy and proud...) I'll be one of your cheerleaders...

i don't need any motivation!!!! my husband on the other hand..... lets just say if i really want another then i have a huge fight on my hands. but one could try and hope right?

Is it the "having a baby" part ? or having another little person around (with the beautiful beautiful eyes that yours are utterly blessed with)?

I'm trying to work it out :2hug

Archived