Need help with an Afghan Blanket

SpasticMouse

Question

Hello!

My name is Ryan and I need some help with an Afghan blanket I am making.

My grandfather taught me how to make it originally and now he is going senile so he can not help me with the part I am stuck on.

I was told that the afghan is a Ten Ten afghan. Basically its Ten double Stitches followed by ten single stitches. The single stitches are not woven into the row below so they form a chain bridge between sets of double stitches.

The problem I am having is, how do I pull all the single stitch chains together to create an arrow like ridge work going up the blanket.

The other thing I would like is a link to a guide or pictures for my overall blanket. I just want to make sure I have it right so far before I put a ton of work into it.

Please help me!

Thank you.

11 answers to this question

I have not heard of that type of afghan, but it does sound interesting. I am sure someone else here has. You came to the right place. There is so much knowledge here, that someone will be able to help you. Dont forget to post pictures when you can.

Thanks, Debbie

uwcheese

Sounds like you are working on one of my favorite and easiest afghans. It has a couple different names...Trail of Tears, Jacobs Ladder and Prize Winning Afghan. Here is a link to the directions

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/jacob.html

Everyone in my family that crochets had made atleast one of these (my great aunt has made over 300 for project linus. She is 96 and still going at it!!)

Hope this is the one. Have fun! And it is nice to see that crochet is still being passed on thru the generations.

jana

I am doing it for a friend of mine whom likes the gothic designs. So I decided to do it black, with alternatining white and black fringe at the top.

I did my first using sport team colors. West Virginia University (Blue, Yellow, White).

Also I may make a few for Project Linus. Thats a really good organization.

:yay I inherited two afghans in this pattern and have always wondered how they were made! I didn't know what to call it, so I couldn't search for a pattern. Now I'll be able to make one myself. Thanks for posting your question, SpasticMouse! :cheer

Yep! I was just going to say Jacob's Ladder Afghan. You do the chaining at the very end. My favorite part. Make sure you pin them with a safety pin until you do the edging. And double-check to make sure you have all the loops in the chain!

Not at all, it is very easy. :) All you have to do is count. I just finished a baby blanket using a 7-7 stitch count, 7dc, ch 7. :hook Go for it, you can do it.:cheer

Archived