Crochet Pattern Central???

Thistlehill

Nope, it's not just you.

"The page cannot be displayed"

Pinging crochetpatterncentral.com [200.62.22.148] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

:thair

Whatever will I do? I live on this site. It may very well be a form of life support to me. :rant

I just found out that they now have http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetpartners/ and it seems that all the info is on there. I have no idea if they are closing the site or anything alls I know is that I saw if you want anything Crochet Partners related you have to join the Yahoo group now.

Eva

woo hoo!!!!

It's back up already.

*breathe in ----breathe out------repeat*

:rofl

Which site are we talking about - Crochet Pattern Central (mine) or Crochet Partners (I'm not affiliated)?

CPC wasn't/isn't down (that I know of) and most maintenance takes place while the site is still running. (If it is down temporarily, it is an unfortunate hosting issue.)

Hope this helps...

Please do not panic...when you can't access the Crochet Pattern Central Website, merely type in this address:

http--200.62.22.148-

and it will direct you to their site every time, even when you think the site is "down."

I have NO clue as to why this address works, but the address was given to me by another crocheter.

Have a GREAT THURSDAY, my fellow crafters.

Carol

:lolI am sorry, but I am sitting here cracking up.:lol I have never seen this group panic:yell so much when a site is down, except for C'Vill.

Rachel your site is addictive, like chocolate or coffee. :morcoffee

Glad it is working, I know I use it quite a bit myself.:hook

I think it's pretty funny, too. Whenever it goes down I check here and the Knitting Help forum for the "panic threads"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol

I wasn't aware of a "downage" last night and am glad it came back up by itself.

Please do not panic...when you can't access the Crochet Pattern Central Website, merely type in this address:

http--200.62.22.148-

and it will direct you to their site every time, even when you think the site is "down."

I have NO clue as to why this address works, but the address was given to me by another crocheter.

Have a GREAT THURSDAY, my fellow crafters.

Carol

Sometimes, when the site is down...and I do mean down...even its IP (the number link you gave above)...will not work.

However, when we were experiencing DNS issues (where a random 50% of us could get to CPC and another random 50% couldn't) the IP address will work for anyone. Thankfully, I was able to change web domain providers (or whatever it's called...not be confused with my ISP/hosting) and we no longer have that problem.

Archived