Shell hat with flower pattern

My Sister wanted a baby hat with a shell stitch and a flower on it for her soon to be baby girl, unfortunately in all my searching for a free pattern for one i found none, So I made this one up, and thought that maybe some of you would like to use it.

th_DSC02214.jpg

Shelled Hat with flower

G hook

Worsted Weight yarn (I use pound of love)

Chain 3

Row1: 15 dc in 2nd chain from the hook join w/ slip stitch

Row2: Chain 2, DC is same stitch, (dc in next dc, 2dc in next dc) around join with slip stitch

Row3: repeat row 2

Row4: dc in each dc around, join with slip stitch

Row 5: chain2, in the same stitch 2dc chain 1 3dc, (skip next 3 dc, in next dc, 3dc ch1 3dc) around join last shell with first by sl stitch

Rows 6-10: slip stitch to ch1 space, then ch2, 2dc, ch1, 3 dc in that ch1 space. Then, (3dc, ch1, 3 dc ) in each ch1 space around, join and slip stitch to the chain one

Row 11: change to boarder color and repeat row 5

Flower: with white, chain 2, 6sc in first ch

Switch to flower color, in each sc chain2, 3dc, chain 2, sl stitch. Then slip stitch to the next sc.

Secure the flower to the hat.

I am not a practiced pattern writer, so if anyone finds any problems with this, please let me know so that I can correct it. One fellow 'ville member has used it to make a cute hat already , so i think its okay, but again, if you find a problem please let me know!

The hat is waayyyy tooo darn cute!!!! OMG!!!!! I'm definitely going to make it. My nephew and his wife just had a baby girl and is coming to visit the family next week, this is perfect. Thanx for sharing the pattern.

Carol:hook

• 1 year later...

Hey I am about to make this gorgeous hat for a craft stall.My colours are white and peach.When I get a new camera in a couple of weeks I will post a picture.Thanks for the great pattern.

• 1 month later...

Archived