Crochet String Bag

jasmom

Hello. The pattern is on some of the sugar n' cream and also on this site:

http://www.sugarncream.com/pattern.php?PG=acc&PT=ct's.

It's easy and quick. I did not increase after every round, it looked lop sided to me so I just kept sc during the first 5 rounds, and same for the mesh part.

After the mesh part, I sc 3 times around the bag.

For the strap, I just made it 10 sc wide (from the middle of the bag). When it was long enough, I sc it together to the other side and added a flower.

Very easy. I didn't follow the directions too much.

After making the first one, I didn't need any directions! For my second bag, I made it slightly smaller and used only 2 balls of yarn. I loooove this color.

Thanks for all the nice comments. :D :D :D

Nice looking bag!! I made about 5 of them and would you believe I haven't used them!!!!!:eek:blush Actually I forgot about them until the other day I was looking for something and there they were!!:lol

I've decided to make string market bags as my holiday gift to family and friends using a "go green" theme. I like your pattern. I'll go check my stash and see if that pattern is on some of my ball bands.

Thanks for sharing your great bag with us.

• 1 year later...

Hello! My name is Piper and actually I've been a member for a lil over a year now. That was the last time I had crocheted. I picked it up as a hobby when I was pregnant with my son. Then, getting back to work I just haven't had time.

So, anyway, I am trying to get back into crocheting and I chose that exact same bag off of their website, but had some questions for you about it. I have restarted this project many times and am begining to get frustrated. If you could email me at sexxychica00@gmail.com that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Archived