Is this a typo? help!

auntiehooked

Question

Please, does anyone understand what "ch 0" means in a pattern? I've got a pattern for a shell pullover and at the 4th row it starts ch0 (5) then goes on normally.

If this is just a typo I'll carry on, but if I'm missing something please let me know.

I've only been crocheting for two years and still get very confused at times. I do appreciate help!

:)Thanks

5 answers to this question

it possibly may not be a typo and here's why: since it has the second part in parens that would indicate what to do for the alternate size, so if it's physically possible to continue with the pattern by chaining 0 (no chains at this spot) that may be what's necessary for that size.

I recently did a pattern that had five size options and parts of it read like this: chain 0 (0, 2, 4, 4) so that's what was needed. give it a try, don't go too far in the pattern in case you end up having to frog, but see if it will "work" without chaining in that particular portion of the pattern.

good luck!

it possibly may not be a typo and here's why: since it has the second part in parens that would indicate what to do for the alternate size, so if it's physically possible to continue with the pattern by chaining 0 (no chains at this spot) that may be what's necessary for that size.

I recently did a pattern that had five size options and parts of it read like this: chain 0 (0, 2, 4, 4) so that's what was needed. give it a try, don't go too far in the pattern in case you end up having to frog, but see if it will "work" without chaining in that particular portion of the pattern.

good luck!

I agree it's not a typo.

I agree as well. if they didn't have a second option in the brackets it would be different but makes sense.

to me... it just means that you don't increase for this size.

Archived