I need a nap for Annie's today

There is a great (2006) afghan offered today

http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

I cannot for the life of me figure out how much yarn they want you to buy. :think Are they describing skein amounts or the quantities you need to buy.

if someone could write the totals in plain English... some old eyes would be really grateful.

(edited here) Okay, I should read when I'm more fully awake (when I work mornings, I don't start coffee intake till I get to work!). Guess 9 oz of MC probably might make that small of an afghan (lapghan). But they should make it a little easier, after specifying how many oz in a skein, to just say 'two skeins'.

Okay, not sure whether to laugh or pull my hair out. I clicked on 'report an error', got taken to a choice of two: error in the pattern, or problem with the page not showing properly. So, I click on error...get several choices, NONE of which lets you report an error. Huh???

Sally

My translation of their amounts:

Using Red Heart Super Saver economy size medium (worsted) weight yarn:

2 skeins: #310 monet print (A)

1 skein each of:

#885 delft blue (B)

#373 petal pink ©

#322 pale yellow (D)

and #530 orchid (E)

From what I read you need a total of 6 skeins and you will have some left over from each skein to make a scrap afghan or something. :)

It looks like a pretty blanket :manyheart

Thank you. You know, I went back to look and I swear they changed it or put in a line break or something. it looked different. :think

Well I do appreciate your help. I'll add the notes from here to my copy of the pattern. Thank you muchly.

Not sure what you're talking about. I saved the pattern last night right at midnight when it changed and it looks the same as it does this morning.

Weird.

I know this has been posted a couple times but maybe this is a bit more clear for some.

Yarn amounts are:

9 oz #310 monet print (A)

4 oz #885 delft blue (B)

4 oz #373 petal pink ©

4 oz #322 pale yellow (D)

4 oz #530 orchid (E)

Solid yarns are: 7 oz/364 yds/198g per skein

Multi yarns are: 5 oz/278 yds/141g per skein

Of course any colors can be used besides what's listed as long as you get the right amounts. ;)

Thank you. You know, I went back to look and I swear they changed it or put in a line break or something. it looked different. :think

Well I do appreciate your help. I'll add the notes from here to my copy of the pattern. Thank you muchly.

Ah it's those infamous computer gremlins. Annie's Attic assumes you (and everyone else) knows Red Heart products inside and out. I downloaded the pattern without looking at it but I promise I will NOT use Red Heart for this or any other project.

Archived