I'm very sad

theworm

I first began crocheting for charity when a dear friend of mine was being treated for a brain tumor. I didn't know how to help, so I started sending chemo caps to the hospital where he was being treated. I've been sending things to Roswell Park Cancer Center ever since. They're a very large institute with many patients and a large pediatric ward, and it makes me feel good to send things there.

Today I heard that after a few years in remission, my friends tumor is back and he'll be going back for some strong chemo treatments. I'm beyond sad for him, and I don't know what to do.

There are great people here, so I wanted to put out a request for chemo caps. I know my friend would be thrilled to see all the kids in the ped's dept wearing new caps.

If you would like to join me in sending things to Roswell Park, the address for donations is:

Roswell Park Cancer Institute

Volunteer Services - Room 120

Elm and Carlton Streets ·

Buffalo, New York · 14263

If you don't send to Roswell, please consider sending hats or lapghans to your local cancer hospital.

My prayers are with your friend..and you, be strong for him, he will need you so much in the coming weeks/months. I am going to take the address you shared, it is a wonderful way to help others..be well, and thank you for sharing your charity.

Wormy, I hope your friend does well. How tough! Sure, I'm make a hat in his honor.

I noticed they have some cool things for sale at their website. That would be another way to give support.

Thanks Everyone.

I'm in Florida and he's in Buffalo, but hubby and I are going to fly up there for a long weekend. I think friendship is great medicine! I'm sure he'll be fine, but I'm sad that he has to deal with more treatments.

Marlene - I use any soft washable yarn (no wool - allergies and itchiness) and any pattern that strikes my fancy. I send caps for kids and for adults. You can use anything at CrochetPatternCentral and I have a few of my original patterns on my blog!

Thanks everyone!!

I live in Buffalo and didn't know they accepted crochet items.I hope your friend will be ok,it is a great hospital. I guess i will have to start making thngs for them.Thanks

I am in FL and my friend from elementary school used to work at Roswell - with the children who had cancer. Small world.

I really pray your friend goes back into remission. Cancer is a very hard disease for all involved to deal with.

Keep us posted.

Archived