Revamped squares

forines13

My dad and mum sold their farm last year in August and as we packed 50 years of treasures I found granny squares that I had made back in the 70s.

Since then I have made 4 afghans with these squares. One was in the pink, lavender, blue and olive tones, one in the earthy rust tones, one where I framed the squares in ink blue and now I am using some to make another for a male relation.

Unfortunately, I have given 2 away and I may not get a photo as my camera was not working when I completed these. The blue one is now in the UK with my daughter and she is taking her time to send me a photo.

I have included a photo of me making the blue one that went back to Bristol with my daughter and the one that I am piecing at the moment.

2435724740058018460raeEbY_th.jpg

2125697170058018460OIDHlq_th.jpg

Just showing darski....at the moment I have enough WIPs to qualify for numerous CALS thus no new CAL for now. I have had fun with these retro coloured squares, although for some I have had to make a couple to finish the project. I am also sure I have some more squares tucked away somewhere so those will also be used when I find them. I cannot for the life of me remember where I put them.:think

oops!!! This should have been posted in Home Decor. I see what you mean now darski. Is there a way to move it? :blush

Granny squares are my thing at the moment and these have some very unusual colours that are no longer available.

Afghans made from traditional squares, are timeless. What a good way to use up yarns lefty over from other projects. Even small amounts can do when you change colors every round. Nice work.

let's just pretend that we are back in 1977 and we are starting a Granny Square CAL here at the Ville :rofl

What colours are we going to be using? Are we going to pic a "final round colour - if so, which colour". I think I did one with a raspberry final round back then but raspberry was a diff colour then :eek

Back in the 90's I remember seeing an old episode of Kojack and I could not believe how orange/brown/yellow everything seemed to be. Brown was everywhere and the film/tape itself seemed to have an orange cast to it. I am only mentioning this to help us remember what was colourful back then.

So what would you be putting in your squares.

Remember it is 1977

Just for fun. I have been thinking about this since this thread was posted. :think

Archived