blended round ripple

andersonsrus

Question

8 answers to this question

I'm working on my second pastel blended RR right now. I'm using 2 strands of Bernat Baby Coordinates, with a Size J hook. My RR is also for a boy. In my first RR, I used only white and blue, but used the blended method, i.e., 4 rounds of 2 strands of white, 2 rounds of white and blue, 4 rounds of blue, 2 rounds of white and blue, and repeat this sequence until you've reached the desired size.

In my second one, I'm using white, yellow, peach, blue and mint green, starting out with 3 rounds of white, 2 rounds of white and yellow, 3 rounds of yellow, 2 rounds of yellow and peach, 3 rounds of peach, 2 rounds of peach and blue, 4 rounds of blue, 2 rounds of blue and green, and 4 rounds of green (making the blue and green dominant colors.) Of course, you could use your own color scheme, but these are the colors that I chose.

Hope this helps a bit.

I always end my RR's with a shell border.

Carol :c9

I always wondered what a real colored rainbow (not baby rainbow) blended ripple would look like.

With 2 strands together as yarnwoman said, 3 rows each of the following color combinations:

red red

red orange

orange orange

orange yellow

yellow yellow

yellow green

green green

green blue

blue blue

blue purple

purple purple

I always wondered what a real colored rainbow (not baby rainbow) blended ripple would look like.

I think someone has done this. I cant remember who it was but it was nice.

I can't find the pic so maybe I am remembering it wrong :eek

I have a pattern book with an afghan like this in it, it looks fantastic in there! :lol

Archived