I just have to ask - What is the purpose of ...

I made myself some fingerless gloves for the car. I call them my "driving gloves." I slip them on when the steering wheel is too hot to touch against my bare palm, which is the most sensitive part of my hands. (I'm not sure if that's universal or not.) The gloves act as insulation for my hands until the car cools down enough that I can touch the steering wheel.

It's really hard to type with regular gloves on. The finger parts are just too thick for a keyboard.

I just finished a pair of fingerless gloves with a really long cuff for my youngest daughter. She works in a distribution center and they don't have heat or a/c in the warehouse part of the building. Her fingers are still free but she's covered from her bottom knuckles to her elbow. Hopefully it will help keep her somewhat warm. I'm thinking of making myself a pair because my office is usually cold in the winter.

My husband bought me a pair of gloves that are fingerless with a mitten that goes over the top. They were great for feeding money into the bus, smoking (not anymore), picking things up, crocheting etc. Then when I didn't need the fingers free, I slipped the mitten part over. really functional!

I have been thinking that if I made some of these (no fingers at all) in a finer (than WW) yarn but with the sc ribbing it would form a support and a warmer for my wrists in winter. I have arthritis and I can become aware of the cold and begin to feel it in my hands.

has anyone else tried this and did it work as a support and for warmth?

I bought the Handeze gloves for warmth and support and they feel great. It's a little awkward at first holding the tension because the glove is so slippery. But you feel the difference right away.

I wear fingerless gloves when it's cold to keep my hands--especially my wrists-- warm while I crochet or knit. Also when I type! It helps a bit with pain and injury prevention.

I used to wear fingerless gloves while working at the drive-thru window at Burger King when it was cold. All I did was buy a cheap pair of jersey gloves and cut the fingers off. *L* Made it easier to count out change and still keep my hands warm so my fingers didn't feel quite so cold.

Archived