String Bag by Lily

Riohnna

I started this yesterday morning, finished it this morning. It very well could be done in a day, if undisturbed. Very easy and quick pattern. This might make a cool purse, if lined properly. But, I am giving these bags I make as market bag gifts, when, (and if) we go on vacation, for the family. I used an H hook.

th_1.jpgth_2.jpgth_3.jpg

oh, I did make a few changes. With this yarn, I could not get the required guage for the bag. So, I did less rounds in the mesh part, because it was starting to look out of porportion, and I made the handle about 1 1/2 inches shorter as well. I used a bunch of bananas and 4 apples to show off the mesh, and how the cotton yarn holds up. I will admit, this weirded yarn is a lot stretchier than I like, but it does the job with these bags.

market bags are so handy and imperfect (yarn) wouldn't really be much of an issue. looks good though :)

I also love making these bags and am making one right now. You are right, they work up really fast. Today as I was making this one (part of my set to take to stores), I was also thinking about what great gifts they would make:D

I made this bag too. I gave it to my brother's girlfriend before I could snap a pic. It was a nice & quick project. It doesn't even matter about gauge, just do whatever you want! Yours looks great. It's so handy to have when you go out shopping for little stuff. Environmentally friendly too!!

This bag is one of the first things I ever made - I love it. I used it to carry tons of stuff at Busch Gardens, and it got all stretched out and I thought it was a lost cause, but a quick trip in the washer and it was good as new.

I think they're great! I've made several of them already. Giving them as gifts. They're great for going to the market. Iwill probably make more soon.

Archived