Charity along Blankets

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished 1 more star blanket today, and will start another when I get back downstairs away from the computer :lol That makes 3 star blankets and 1 big 36X36 crazy blanket all for shelter animals.My goal is at least 10 for shelters and then may do some for another charity.

I'm a woman on a mission :lol I made yet another star afghan:hook I'm determined to get 10 blankets done and I can then relax.Now have 5 done I'm measuring my star afghan from 1 tip to the 2 skipped dc spot. If I measure from tip to tip they're too small and from side to side too big.I may make a wacky color round ripple next just for a switch.

Thanks Coralie :hug I bought some pretty colors of red heart to add to all the drab colors I have in my stash. It seems most of what I had was tan me thinks I had teddy bears on the brain :lol

oh, how i love making that round ripple! it takes awhile if you make it big cause it's not an open weave but it's so worth it the results are so cool. i can't wait to start on another one in colors like the sunshine :)

want to try one of those stars too...maybe might start that one today! but i already have two other blankies on the hooks i should finish those first...lol

hugs!

ro

Sharon I'm on about the 14th row and no curling but I was having alot of curling at first. I realized that I was probably needing to skip a stitch in one of the first few rws. The instructions got me a little confused too but now it's going good. Try doing this on Rw 3 * 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc skip next stitch* repeat around. Hope that helps.

Oh Sharon :hug it's not you obviously the instructions are a little confusing. Not to offend the designer. The way I did it made it go along good it's not curling at all.Come on Sharon you can do it :cheer

I found this quote on an old post:

It's called Round Ripple Baby Afghan. The error is in round 3. The * should be before the "skip 1 st" not after it. Then it works. Otherwise, it is really a mess. )

Depends on what size you're making. I made the stars 24 x24 from one tip to the skip 2 dc spot and it took 6 oz. I'm using stash so I can't say for sure but I use 2 colors and it uses about half of a 6 oz skein. The round ripple about the same.I just finished the round one and it is so worth trying :manyheart love the results.

Sharon I don't know about Cotton tots but aren't they about 1.5 or 2 ounces :think I'm using red heart since they're for animal shelters.Seems like your using alot but then don't know how big it is. I know with the one I made for my dd I used a ton of yarn.I'm sorry I can't answer your question exactly. Probably was no help at all:blink

Archived