Charity along Blankets

1 more made it turned out pretty cute considering I ran out of a color and added another that I didn't think would look good :) but suprisingly did. My count is 9 done and I have 1 more to go for my goal , so I'll be making some toys and may make start some blankets for project linus.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Now I have 2 more snuggles to add to my list that makes 11. A very sweet person sent me 2 beautiful snuggles to take to my local animal shelter :c9:cheer Thank you so much:hug

We just delivered 11 snuggles to our shelter :cheer I'm lucky I got out of there without another pet. I have a chihuahua that wouldn't stand for me bringing another animal home :eek

How's everyone else coming along?

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to bump this one up. I haven't made anymore blankets I know shame shame :blush Anyone else making any blankets for charity? When it's 90 + degrees I guess it is a little hard to think about making blankets.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

You can count me on on this CAL. I am the owner/founder of a crochet for charity group (HELPING HANDS OF TN). We are in the process right now of making afghans (child size and babies) to donate to St Jude Children's Hospital in Memphis, TN. I would love to join in on this CAL and have the opportunity to hear about and maybe see some pictures and ideas of the types of blankets and afghans that other people are making for charity. I'm new to Crochetville and I'm loving every second.

Betty in TN

Welcome Betty I think we planned the timing of the blankst along kinda bad , it's too hot for me in Tx to even think about making blankets. But I did make 8 for homeless animal shelter. You can see the pic in my photo album on my blog.

Maybe you'll get me motivated to make a few more :) Again Welcome :hug and feel free to show us some pictures , ask for patterns , or suggest patterns to use.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished one in red and black for my Project Linus group, it's froma book by Vanna, I've been wanting to do it for years, came out great, I usually do the teen size blankets, the girls forget kids go up to age 18. Charlene

Archived