Burgendy & Gold Purse

Debbi-a1

I made this to carry to the Harry Potter movie this weekend. I had left over yarn from my House Colors afghan (still a wip :blush but almost done).

I made it up after not liking another bag pattern. It's just half double crochet done in rounds. Even the strap is half double crochet. (ignore the messy bedspread:blush ). It's 10" x 10".

bag7-10a.jpg

And the lining. I choose a red circle type print. Matches the yarn (can't see too well in the photo).

bag7-10b.jpg

Debbi

That is cute! :) Nice idea. I'd be tempted to use my maroon & gold yarn for a bag now too but I'm still trying to work on knitting a scarf from it. :lol

Thanks for all the compliments.

I figured out the lining from reading all the posts here on lining help. And just doing it. It's not that great. You can't tell, but close up some stitches are longer, some shorter, and starting again and luckily you can't see the sides I had to hand sew (can't machine sew really and didn't want to go to the bother of setting it up). So anyway, it will work for me and this movie.

Debbi

Gryffindor bag! Nice job!

I've trouble with bag linings too but it's a necessary evil, I guess. I don't have a sewing machine so I've to hand sew everything and all my stitches always look so messy and uneven.

• 4 months later...

Archived