Squares for a precious angel....*UPDATE*

Hi, I am a member on Clubmom.com and I came across this horrific story about a sweet little baby who fell victim to her father. The story is located here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/12254/boards/read.php?post_id=426771

I was hoping that we could make a little "hug" afghan for this little angel.

Using Baby yarn in any color you wish, here is the pattern that I am thinking of doing.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/crochettalk2/granheart.htm

If you are interested in helping, send me a PM or email me at:

mel2ns@yahoo.com

Thank you so much for your support!

I am in need of just 3 more squares! If you are willing to help out, please PM me!

hey cupcake, I looked you have to join to view the threads.

There's a link to a news report here

I'm in. Chances are this baby will grow up to have developmental disabilities now...

I have to go to a funeral for one of my former service users right now, but I will take a proper look at the pattern when I get home and see what I can do.

Kiri xxx

:no

Argh. (that's about all I can say about that article without frying someone's poor eyes with language):angry

I'd love to be in on this, but that square is a little beyond my crochet-fu. I'll give it a whirl, though. No guarantees. FP anything always looks like dog doo when I try it. I just haven't got the hang of it! If you decide to put in (easier) contrast squares, I'm all kinds of there! :D

If you wish to do any other kind of square, just as long that its about an 8 inch square, perfect. Thank you for your help.

For those of you who cannot get into clubmom.com here is an excerpt:

Man accused of assaulting infant daughter

Police: Dad dropped, kicked, shook 11-week-old Evelynn Marie

WABC Eyewitness News

(Mastic - WABC, June 25, 2007) - A Suffolk County man was arrested and charged with physically assaulting his infant daughter late Sunday afternoon.

Police say the infant suffered internal head injuries when 20-year-old Joshua Cohen knocked the child from the bed to the floor, kicked her in the head several times, then picked her up and shook her violently.

The infant, just 11 weeks old, is listed in critical condition.

Eyewitness News reporter Nina Pineda spoke to the baby's mom and has more.

This tearful teenage mom says she is glad her boyfriend, her high school sweetheart from William Floyd High, is in jail where he belongs. She says she became suspicious when the baby would cry violently when she was being held by her father. But she says she never thought he was capable of something like this.

"He kicked her and pushed her off the bed and shook her, and now she has bleeding on brain," mother Alicia Biondo said, crying. "She's only about 11 weeks old."

The devastated 16-year-old Biondo turned to her own mom for consolation, still in disbelief. Her infant baby girl, Evelyn Marie, is suffering from massive head injuries allegedly inflicted on her by her own father.

"She was gasping for air, so I told him, 'Bring her to me,'" Alicia Biondo said. "And I saw her and she was very unresponsive and very limp, so I picked her up, brought her to my job, and then we called the ambulance."

Authorities say the young father watches the child alone everyday. But Sunday evening, he called the baby's mother at work to say Evelynn Marie was having difficulty breathing. After she was rushed to hospital, doctors noticed the unexplained bleeding on the brain.

"He kicked her in the head," the child's grandmother, Michelle Walz, said. "He banged her head on the metal frame of the bed, and then he shook her."

Police took evidence out of the nursery, where the beating allegedly happened. They collected baby clothing, blankets and toys.

Suffolk County police say Cohen made statements to them taking responsibility for the abuse. They say he became frustrated with the newborn's noises.

Can I use this pattern? I think it's pretty, and I don't think it's anything that people like me are gonna find too difficult. I always seem to go for patterns that are still above me in terms of abilities, and it often backfires on me! I thought that's a pretty pattern for a girl though. :)

Hmm... No-one's posted in here for a couple of days, but, I've made 4 squares, 2 yellow and 2 blue... I can probably make a couple more, I have some hot pink if you'd want it?

Hmm... No-one's posted in here for a couple of days, but, I've made 4 squares, 2 yellow and 2 blue... I can probably make a couple more, I have some hot pink if you'd want it?

Hi....sorry I haven't responded unfortunately I do not have a computer at home at this time and I have been helping out with my Aunt next door who is dying of cancer. Sure! Thank you for helping out!:cheer

Hi....sorry I haven't responded unfortunately I do not have a computer at home at this time and I have been helping out with my Aunt next door who is dying of cancer. Sure! Thank you for helping out!:cheer

Oh, I wasn't being "funny"! I just am spectacularly indecisive sometimes! :) I wasn't sure if the pattern was ok, and I didn't know what colours you wanted, and I wanted someone (anyone, really!) to say that the pattern was ok! Hehe sorry. :)

And, I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. :hug

What are the issues with round 6? I am wanting to try this pattern.

I think it might have to do with where to put your fpdc stitch....I should post my square here and help out if there are any snarls.....I found that this pattern was simple to do....but if you have any questions, PM me and we'll unravel this together:hug

I had some issues with the pattern as well last night. I think maybe I was just tired after working 12 hours. I did manage to complete 3 squares however. I have left them on the kitchen table for my hubby to mail if he goes into town today.

As far as I know, the baby is back at home and is doing well, despite the circumstances. She is lifting her head and cooing. Her mom says that she does tend to stare off at something that mom cannot see. Mom thinks it's the angels who are protecting her.

I have only managed 4 squares - been so snowed under with school work lately. I will mail those out to you as soon as I can.

Archived