should we do something

sunnyvale_22

for jessie davis's family. i know nothing can bring her and her daughter Chloe back - but there has to be something we can do for them. making something for her son or maybe someone can do a grah with 'in memory of Jessie and Chloe' so i can crochet it.

i'm not really sure - but i just have this feeling i have to try to do something.

thanks for any ideas

Not to sound cold, but I say "no."

The second leading cause of death of pregnant women is murder. Her death is highly publicized but there are many others who never make the news yet the families endure the same tragedies everyday.

Obviously we can't help everyone but if something is telling you that you must help this family, you have my blessings to do so.

Many deaths of pregnant women are highly publicized, as was this case, and I think that if people can band together for people who are sick, children who are abused, and those of many other circumstances, I think that we CERTAINLY should be able to make a blanket for the young son of this woman who probably WITNESSED this murder. You don't need anyone's blessing, you should organize something if you feel that you should. It is the right thing to do. It is true that it would be hard to make blankets for all families grieving a murder, but directly witnessing the murder of your mother isn't necessarily an everyday occurance and a blanket that could be comforting to him at this time sounds like a good idea to me and hopefully many others.

I think its a great idea but I watched the mom on Fox news yesterday and she asked that folks hold off on giving anything because they were overwhelmed right now with everything coming in the lawyer said they live in an apartment and they just didn't have room for things being brought in and they were storing it at the church....

...Its so wonderful you have such a tender heart... I agree it is so sad... maybe we could all do a comfortghan and donate it somewhere( like an abuse center) in her name or her little boys name...then you can send a note telling her what we did... because in a month... or even 2 months.. the pain will still be raw

..Thanks for caring and keep us updatedon whay you want to do

Lea

IMHO, unless someone here on crochetville personally knew the family or lived in the same town and would give the comfortghan etc. to the family like with the comfortghans for Steve Irwin's family, we shouldn't do anything. You don't know how the family would react to receiving something from complete strangers and from all the media reports, it seems like the family really doesn't like the attention and that it is having a negative impact on the little boy so they may react negatively to this. Just my opinion though - if you want to do something, I'm not going to try to stop you...

We prefer that efforts like this not get started for public figures unless there is someone here at the 'Ville who knows them personally. When there is no personal relationship involved, the chances are too great that everyone's hard work and efforts will all be for nothing. We might not ever be able to find a way to get the project to the recipient.

I appreciate the empathy you are extending toward the young boy, and if you want to do something privately on your own, that's a wonderful thing. :)

But to answer your question, nothing "official" should be organized here at Crochetville.

I don't think there is anything wrong with saying No - I don't personally agree with this idea but if you feel strongly about it you have my blessing/good thoughts/whatever.

There's a young woman here (outside of Gainseville) that works at one of the local prisons. She was shot and murdered in her home. She was 1/2 way thru her pregnancy. Her 5 year old called 911 while hiding in one of the back rooms of the house.

These things happen all the time. It's a sad, sick world we live in.

...... I agree it is so sad... maybe we could all do a comfortghan and donate it somewhere( like an abuse center) in her name or her little boys name...then you can send a note telling her what we did... because in a month... or even 2 months.. the pain will still be raw

..Thanks for caring and keep us updatedon whay you want to do

Lea

I think this is the best idea. It's the thought that counts and the people in an abuse center could probably really use something like this.

Archived