4 balls of Moda Dea Cache & No pattern

Help! I bought 4 balls of Moda Dea Cache at Michaels (on sale! $2 ea! woohoo!) but now I have no idea what to make with them. :think I found out just now on the Moda Dea website that it felts (I probably should've checked the label haha), but all of their patterns that I would want to make are stinkin' knit (I don't go for capelets, or that little tubular purse- I carry a lot of stuff). I don't knit. I'm capable, I just don't like it unless it involves my Knifty Knitter. :D So... I'd like to try this felting thing, but I don't want to mess it up either lol. Anybody have any good ideas for 4 balls of Cache, felted or not? Suggest away! :yes I'm almost begging here lol. I love the color and it's so soft and I have NO ideas! This does not happen very often! :blush

How about a hat? A nice floppy hat (felted) may be the perfect project.

Good luck. Felting is a lot of fun. Or if you don't want to felt it, just use it with an acrylic yarn and be careful how you wash it. I hope you find the perfect project.

:manyheart

I like the hat idea. Do you have SNB: Happy Hooker? If not, you could check it out from the library....there is an awful cute pattern for a hat, called strut. That might work.:yes

I like the hat idea. Do you have SNB: Happy Hooker? If not, you could check it out from the library....there is an awful cute pattern for a hat, called strut. That might work.:yes

That is a cute hat... but I look ridiculous in hats :P I love that book though!!:manyheart

Make a fat bottom bag

That's a good idea... with the bulky yarn, it would wind up way bigger than the pattern called for... so does anybody think I could felt it then and it still be the right size? I don't know how much things shrink when they're felted... I need to go research this... :think

You could make up a swatch in the stitch you want to use and measure before and after felting to work out the percentage shrink , dose involve maths but will give you an accurate idea of how much shrink to expect. I felted a bag done in different rowan wools and found they felted different amounts! now have flowerpot shaped bag and too short handle!

Archived