New Pattern Book!!!

I'm sooo excited!!:c9:clap:cheer After almost a year of printing out my patterns from online sources, I finally bought a new pattern book!!! I was at Joanne's looking for yarn :yes (wondering how I was going to hide it from DH) when I caught a glimpse of a doily from the corner of my eye ;) Couldn't resist looking!! I FELL IN LOVE!!! :manyheart :manyheart Tell me again why I was at Joanne's :think :think ...Oh..yarn...duhhh...forget the yarn!!! I grabbed the pattern book and ran :P I think the author is new, her name is Patricia Kristoffersen, or something like that :devil ...Needless to say, I couldn't get a hook in my hand fast enough!!! :hook

Congratulations on your haul!

There's two different crochet books at Books-A-Million that I have my keen little eye on . . . I'm wondering how long I'm going to have to save up for them, so I know the feeling!

~ Joy

Hi Heather, Congrats on the new book! I love getting new pattern books because I get mine off the internet too. The author is not really new but her doilies are just beautiful!!! I just love her books but haven't bought any. If you run a search for her name on the forum you will see all kinds of doilies from her patterns. We have some unbelievable talent on this forum. Good luck in making them! Don't forget to post pictures of the ones you make!

Yeah, Patricia isn't really new. I have a few books of her stuff, mostly from collections I've bought from others. I don't really make doilies because working with thread hurts my left hand. I think I just can't hold the thread well. Wish I could, though, because there are some cute designs out there.

Patricia's patterns will grab anyone. I have several of hers. She also has a web site and if you order them from her she is kind enough to sign them. Not necessary, but I thought it was nice.

Thanks for starting this thread Heather. I went out today just to get one of her books, my first one. :D Got "Absolutely Gorgeous Doilies". Now just have to finish up some other stuff and then i'll tackle one out of this book. Thanks for the website Samantha. I saw some others of her's today-I'll be going back.:yes Jan.

P.S. Don't you just love these smillies?:manyheart

OMG!!...You guys are funny!! Didn't anyone notice the smile behind the part about her being new??? ROFL!!!

Selune, I know what you mean about aching hands!! I managed to stab myself in the ball part of my left thumb while crafting :think and did some nerve damage. I'm bad, I work through the pain and eventually it goes numb :blush .

I just got some pattern books from Annie's Attic on sale and they are great!!! I was ebay looking for a deal on wooden crochet hooks and someone was trying to sell a couple of the same books I got a lot cheaper for twice the money!! What a rip off:angry! I also found a pattern being sold on ebay that was in one of the books I just got from AA. Where are the copyright police?

in the new crochet today they have made doilies in ww yarn and put them on the wall like a picture..this is agreat way for someone to make them when thread is too small.. check it out

I just got some pattern books from Annie's Attic on sale and they are great!!! I was ebay looking for a deal on wooden crochet hooks and someone was trying to sell a couple of the same books I got a lot cheaper for twice the money!! What a rip off:angry! I also found a pattern being sold on ebay that was in one of the books I just got from AA. Where are the copyright police?

Hmmm...I would think the same thing...something sounds kinda fishy there.

Archived