UPDATE: Request for Breast Cancer Awarness Blocks & Prayers Needed

copchic905

Since I joined Crochetville in March 2007 I have been working on Breast cancer awarness patterns. The wonderful people here in the Ville' gave me a great link to the afghan I made my MIL. It took me from March 2007 until 2 weeks ago to finish it (yep I am still a newbie crocheter) :lol

I made the afghan for a christmas gift for my MIL, problem is I am sooooo slow as a beginner that I would like to be able to put together at least one more in time for my MIL's Relay For Life Benefit Auction, (my MIL is making a beautiful quilt for the auction) but since I am so slow I will never be able to get one done in time for the Auction along with working on the other breast cancer patterns I am working on. The link below is the pattern I used & if anyone can donate some squares to help out I would greatly appreciate the help, I do have 2 plain squares completed so far. If you are interested in helping me out please send me a p.m. or a e-mail for info to send the squares.

http://www.crochetcabana.com/charity/cancer-rib-filet-afg-w-chart.pdf

(I feel so guilty even askin', if only I was faster) :blush

Thank you so much for anyone in advance that can help out. :hug

UPDATE JUNE 16 2007 OPPS........FORGOT TO ADD THEY ARE 12' SQUARES IN LIGHT PINK...........THE DONATED ITEMS NEED TO BE TURNED IN ON AUG 1 2007 OUR WALK IS ON AUG 10 2007 FOR 24 HOURS.

ok sweetie.....

do you want the squares in all pink or as long as it has pink in it?

Also do you want the ribbon square or plain ones?

Do you have a certain yarn that you would like these to be done in?

Also for this auction are they doing hats or head scarves or anything small like that?

Yes please make the squares in light pink, either plain ones or ribbon ones are great. No certain yarn, I use Red Heart usually.

They are doing hats, scarves, & anything anyone wants to donate for the auction.

:hug Thank you so much to those whom have contacted me to help.

UPDATE: My MIL was admitted to the hospital in Joplin, Missouri on friday night. The chemo she is on has caused Cellulitis

(In cellulitis, the affected skin feels warm and is usually red, swollen and painful. The redness can be slight or can stand out compared to surrounding skin. The area of warmth can be felt with the back of the hand, especially when compared to surrounding skin. There may be a spreading network of red streaks in the skin, caused by infection in the vessels that carry lymph (tissue fluid), as well as enlarged lymph nodes (swollen glands) near the area of infection.

Fever and a general sick feeling (malaise) often accompany cellulitis. Severe infections can cause low blood pressure if bacteria get into the bloodstream. Bloodstream infections (blood poisoning) from cellulitis are particularly dangerous in the very young and very old, as well as in those with weakened immune systems or abnormal heart valves.)

When she had her biopsy done on the left breast under her armpit it left a huge deep fist size hole, this hole is where the cellulitis has affected. She looks like she has a burn running from her left breast & chest all the way around her back & down to her left hip. She cannot put her arm down to her side as it feels like a burn & rubs the raw skin. She has been the bravest most strongest fighter thru this whole ordeal even when she was diagnosed w/ the breast cnacer, she refuses to give up or let it get her down. Even when the month prior she lost her mom to a majer heart attack & her father in law to throat cancer. Her Dr.'s have said she is a (test) for them scientifically as they have never seen a patient go thru what she has from the treatments. They have even takein' pictures of her wound & sent it all over the states to study. (the hole is fist sized) They told her even if she survives the breast cancer she may continue the cellulits on & off for the rest of her life. She has never complained or cried from all the pain or treatments. She has had us bring her quilt squares to the hospital this weekend so she can still work on the quilt she is donating for the Relay for Life Auction. She is a amazin' woman & her strength is like no others I have seen. She is a hero to me. I ask that you please keep her in your thoughts & prayers. I will keep you updated as to her progress. :hug

I would be happy to send you a square. Please PM me with your addy.

My prayers are with your MIL. I, too, am battling breast cancer and have been for 3 1/2 years. Last year, shortly after starting my 3rd round of chemo in 3 years, I also developed cellulitis and a blood clot in my arm. It was extremely painful, my arm swelled up like a balloon and the pain was intense. With some antibiotics and time, the cellulitis passed. I wish the same for your MIL.

Cheryl.

:hug:c9 You ladies are amazin' I so appreciate your help with this. I have not told my MIL about the 2nd afghan you all are helping me with as I want to suprise her with it for the auction. I was telling my ole man last night how much it means to me that you all are helping me with this, as I worked so hard to make my MIL the one I did finish for x-mas & told him how much I wanted her to have it but if it fell thru & I couldn't get another one done for the auction I would submit the one I had done & then work as hard & as fast as I could to get a new one done for her for Christmas. You ladies are so appreciated by me & my ole man also wanted to say a huge thank you to you all for the help. My words alone are not enough to explain how much this truely means. :ty:day:ghug

:hug:cheer Thank you so very much for your help, I so appreciate it.

My pleasure. I mailed my square yesterday.

Cheryl.

I am so busy with work, that I can't promise, but I'm going to try to make at least one square for you. I think it's great that your doing this AND that you asked for help!

I also want to thank you for linking that pattern. I haven't seen it before.

If I can get a square done soon I'll e-mail for your address. I don't have Red Heart Yarn, but I have other pinks - it may not be the exact shade - hope that's ok.

I hope you're mom is feeling better! Hugs to you both!

I started a square this morning, was almost done and realized had made a mistake about 10 rows back. RRRIIIIIPPPP, so hopefully I'll get at least this one done and maybe another over the weekend. But also have report cards to do too.... Last day of school on 6/21 Woo-hoo

:ghug Thank you all for the help & prayers for my MIL. She was released from the hospital on boocoo antibiotics late Sunday. They will be coming over to our house this evening. She is feeling better & working like crazy on her quilt for the auction. Bless her heart one of her nurses had to replace her I.V. due to her vein bursting & she got blood all over one of her squares, so I spent this a.m. trying to soak the blood out. (it's looking pretty good) I did get 3 squares done this weekend along with some more breast cancer pins.

2 squares:pink :pink went into the mail this a.m. (Monday). Had a great time making them. Thanks for asking Crochetville to help out and for the pattern.:lol

Am so glad your MIL got to go home. She can rest much better now.:yes

Now back to RoseReds Lumberjack Flannelghan in red/black for grandnephew. More then 1/2 done.:yay

Archived