63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

:woo I've finished the squares! Now I'm working on doing the final edging on each one before assembling.

So exciting!

:clap:applause:nworthy :wooAwesome! :flower can't wait for the pics!:party

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, Gram,

That is so pretty ! Great work .. is the dark color black or a dark purple ? I couldnt tell from the photo. It sure is pretty though !

Thanks Julie, it is Caron SS dk purple lt purple and white for my MIL who loves all things purple

That is beautiful Gram! So glad you got the picture posted.

Mine is still a WIP. I've been on square 50 for the past two days and I'm still not finished with it. All those picots are just flat out boring to do!

Gram-

From the list under your name, it looks like you are done with all your projects. OH NO !!!

NOW what are you gonna do ?:devil

Julie are you kidding!!!:hook I am still working on the bowling set for the 2 year old twins, the bath robe for the 2 year old in Houston, and the crayon pillow for the 5 year old in Houston. Oh and when my friends on another board saw my fat bottom bag, at least 3 of them want one. LOL I may never be done. :eek:eek:eek:eek

Gram -

Well, if you are like the rest of us, you really don't WANT to be totally without a project in mind . You seem to be able to do many at once, which I'm not good at ,but it'd be a horrible feeling to have EVERYTHING done, and no project in mind ... wow --- :eek

Ines

Your 63 is beautiful. LOVE the colors ,and the adding different squares gives it a whole new look !

Gram -

Well, if you are like the rest of us, you really don't WANT to be totally without a project in mind . You seem to be able to do many at once, which I'm not good at ,but it'd be a horrible feeling to have EVERYTHING done, and no project in mind ... wow --- :eek

Ines

Your 63 is beautiful. LOVE the colors ,and the adding different squares gives it a whole new look !

Julie, you are right, I would go nutd without multiple things to work on. I got 2 bowling pins complete, and both fronts and the back of the bath robe done this weekend. I need to spend some serious time on the crayon pillow, it is horrible boring but I have to get it done so.....

• 2 weeks later...

I've whip stitched the squares together and am working on the last row of edging around the whole thing. I'm so close to done that I can almost taste it; all I want to do is stay home, sit on my couch and finish it up!

...Has anyone ever used up a sick day to finish up a project?? :lol

Hi!

I had this book for a while, and finally decided to put it in use. So I picked up Red heart soft yarn in 9 colors at my Michaels store's yarn event, and digged in. I can say honestly, I do not like some of the squares, so I am skipping those and pick only the ones I like. I am square four now, and it is # 12 in the book. I also made squares # 5, 7 and 11. I am joining as I go, because I hate it when I have to sew at the end. I have two skeins of each color and hope it will be enough. If not, it is not a very big problem, as it is a no dye lot yarn.

Sorry I did not fill my "join" information, because the link does not work. I am really excited to start working on this afghan. I don't know yet what I am going to do with it. I just couldn't pass on this wonderful color combination - green, browns and oranges - my favorite colors.

Ok, back to stitching!

WTG Anna! I have put this on hold for now, I hope to get back to it soon, maybe next week, I'm doing each square in a different verigated! I just hope I can find 63 different verigated yarns in my stash!

Thank you for the welcome.

Crystal, it should look really interesting with variegated yarns!

Clocke, congratulations on the finishing your afghan! Cannot wait to see what you've done!

Now there is 13 squares made, with 5 colors. I cannot wait to see more colors introduced. I hope I did a good job choosing the colors and their placement.

Here's the link to my blog where the picture and its fellow resides, entry date being 1.11.06. It should be at the top of the screen seeing as today is Nov 1.

And here is the pic itself:

63-sq-1.jpg

The colors turned out much better than I thought when I started. Made me think of fall when I first stretched it out. :lol

Archived