opinion on subscription; disappointed

LadySox

Hi everyone. Just wondered if anyone has any opinions on this. I sent off for a subscription to Annie's Favorite Crochet Magazine and just received my 1st copy and invoice. I am not impressed to say the least about this issue and wonder if they're all this disappointing then I may as well cancel it.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

I love to crochet, but I don't crochet clothing so for me the mag didn't do it for me. I had ordered it several years ago and since it was mainly clothing I cancelled it. Sorry you aren't happy with it, I haven't seen one in years and wasn't sure if they had gotten more into thread?

I can't make up my mind about this mag!:P Sometimes it has some great patterns and sometimes not!! They are merging Annies and Hooked on Crochet, so we'll see.

I have both that one and Hooked on Crochet. Of the two I prefer Hooked, it seems to be a better magazine. Now they are going to combine the two and heaven help us as to what is going to happen. I wasn't going to renew my Annies again anyway.

So yes, Annie's can be disappointing more than not.:hook

I felt the same way you did about the magazine. I only found one pattern that I liked. I actually end up cancelling it. There are other crochet magazines out there that I like better :D I just got a subscription to the interweave crochet magazine (and I ordered the latest back issue). There were a bunch of patterns in there that I liked.:)

• 1 month later...

I did the trial issue from them, and cancelled the supscription, I wasn't impressed with the magazine. I was a bit dissappointed as well, I usually like everything I get from Annies Attic, but not that one.

I'm definitely seeing a swing towards clothing and wearables in the few crochet magazines available - and I happen to like that so Crochet!, Crochet Today, and Interweave Crochet are my choices. I receive Hooked but haven't made anything from it in a long time.

When I was first learning, the subscriptions were nice...a variety of stuff and technique....but issue after issue....I started to see similar patterns. Of course, this was years ago. I can't even remember the names of the publications (except for Crochet with Heart hawking Red Heart yarn which I still have about 6 years of issues). I sold my old issues of 2 other subscriptions on ebay. A lady from Australia was very happy to get what she couldn't have found in her country, so it was all good. Anyhow, I go to Barnes & Noble and look before I buy at the magazines available. Frankly, there is a much more pattern variety these days than was available even ten years ago. Chalk that up to up and coming designers with a finger on the pulse of what we'd like to crochet/knit these days. I'd cancel the subscription if it leaves you flat--and go for the magazines you can purchase off the shelf with a preview before you spend your cash. P.S. There's so much free patterns online too..that's certainly another source for inspiration. Hugs, Donna C

Archived