I need Help!!!

Lavenia

Question

I am trying to start an afghan for a friend who is having a baby soon. I went to JoAnn's & bought Bernat, Baby Coordinates, Sweet stripes. I am trying to follow the pattern for the afghan but the stripes don't turn out the way they are supposed to. I abandoned the pattern to try it on my own & it still is off. Has anyone had experience with this that can tell me what am I doing wrong?:( I really need to hurry! She's due soon. Thanks,

5 answers to this question

With yarns like that they yarns will not necessarily stripe the same in every skein. You are probably doing nothing wrong at all. Just the yarn isn't striping like you want it to and for that one I can't give you advise cause each will be different ecen if you use the same kind they tell you to for the pattern.

I can tell you that the yarns does make pretty patterns as you go though. I have seen some pretties made from that kind.

Is this the pattern you are doing?

http://www.bernat.com//pattern.php?PID=1389

I think I did this a while ago. Just follow the stripe sequence as written in the pattern and you should have 24 rows that form the stripe pattern like it says. What exactly is the problem? I still consider myself new at this so I have to count every row before I start it to make sure I will have the right amount of stitches at the end. Mary

With MC, work 8 rows. With A, work 2 rows.

With MC, work 4 rows. With A, work 4 rows.

With MC, work 4 rows. With A, work 2 rows.

These 24 rows form Stripe Pat.

:think Does the yarn create stripes on its own?

:think Is the pattern made for the yarn?

Usually, the stripe effect depends on the number of stitches and the stitch you use.

Post a bit more info on exactly what you are doing and maybe we can give you a bit of help.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

PS, Baby wont care if the afghan is not ready when it is born, it will be able to use it all of it's life.:hug

It is my understanding that the self-stripers are made with knitting in mind. since crochet uses 30% more yarn, the stripes will not work and play as well with crochet. I have heard this complaint elsewhere which is how I know about it because I haven't tried them at all.

Archived