What a bummer

Kymberlina

Alright, so I decided yesterday that I would try my hand at this felting business. I thought AJ's wrist bag would be a good canidate for a first attempt. So I worked one up with a K hook using some wool yarn I had around lying around. Once I was done I went online to read up more about felting before I actually took the plunge and put it in the washer. During my research I came across a little ditty of information stating that superwash wool is pretreated for the washing machine and should not be used for felting. :eek Be it my luck, I just spent most of the day working up this dang bag in...Superwash Wool! I guess I could still use the bag but it's alittle too big and would probably stretch if I put stuff in it. I could probably still try to felt it, but I have a feeling that it would be a lost cause. I guess I'll have to make up another one using some cotton yarn. I just wish I did more thorough research before actually making it. Oh well! Thanks for letting me vent. :blah

Oh, that stinks!

I'm glad you vented though; I didn't know that and probably would've gone through the same thing at some point.

super wash wool absolutely will NOT felt. been there, tried that....

you may remember a while back about the red beaded yarn i spun?

didn't realize the roving was superwas until i RUINED the project entirely. all that work- UGH!! i know it says this stuff is washable... but it pills rather easily, of course i suppose that could also be the result of rather loosely spun yarn because i had intended on a tight fulling from the very beginning..... sigh.

i'm sorry it's not going to work out for you :(

do you not feel it's froggable? also, lining it will stop any stretching :)

it may not be a complete loss

I'm about to start my first fulling project. You need 100% wool, right? I hope soo--I bid on some lovely 100% wool on ebay--something like 5 lbs of it! :blush It's a lovely color even if it doesn't full, but that was what I was hoping to use it for.

TIA for any tips,

Patty

Archived