Handeze Gloves

I suffer very sore hands and wrists when I crochet, and have heard through the grapevine about Handeze gloves.

Now I've just ordered myself a pair from ebay, and am wondering what everyone else's experience has been with them?

I can only get things like this from ebay, as they're not sold in Australia.

Any opinions would be great.

I have a pair and they are just wonderful! I had horrible aches in my hands and they were just a Godsend. You might have to play around with your tension hand a little bit because they're very slippery.

I also found that I had to wash them quite often because they get icky from the oils and skin on the palm side. I just tossed them in the washing machine with a normal load and they were like brand new again.

After I switched to jimbo's hooks I found that I didn't need the handeze gloves anymore. I do wear them if I'm going to marathon crochet tho.

Enjoy them!

Thanks RoseRed, I'm glad that you found them helpful, I hope they help me too. I can't really afford Jimbo's hooks (by the time you convert the US dollar to Aussie, then the postage, it's just too much for me), so the gloves will have to do.

I'm sure you'll see the difference with the gloves right away. They just feel so good when they're on. I would leave them on after I was finished crocheting and I wouldn't get sore afterwards.

I found them to be helpful when I'm working for a real long stretch of time on a project - my right hand in particular is not as tired after crocheting. Hope you find them to be just as helpful.

I did not find that Handeze provide enough support when my wrists were really bad. This was about 7 years ago. I ended up using athletic tape, the kind of tape that athletes use to wrap their ankles. It sticks and yet comes off without ripping skin.

I wrapped my wrists in a figure 8 pattern each day for about a year. I found I could continue to crochet and use the mouse when my wrists were wrapped. Neither Handeze or a brace provided enough support.

I use Handeze gloves and I love them! However, you still have to be careful and not overdo. My rule is that I take breaks every 15 minutes, so that I don't aggravate my tendonitis.

I found some wrist support gloves at Wal-mart, in the athletic tape department with the ACE bandages and the like.

They have elastic supports at the wrist, and the support material around the hands. I really like them.

For days when my hands don't hurt so much, I have just elastic ACE wrist band things that help.

Thanks for the alternate suggestions...

I finally got my gloves, but I'm a bit disappointed. The seller had a guage on the page that you could use to determine the size you needed, but the guage was wrong, so I think the gloves I have are a size too big. They are not a firm fit at all, and are actually quite uncomfortable to wear as a result...

Oh well, there's $40 down the drain.

I use them all the time and they make such a difference. I had terrible hand and wrist pain from doing too much stitching/crochet/typing/mouse clicking and they were literally a God send. I'm in the UK and found them expensive but worth every penny. I do hope they help as pain can be a real dampner on creativity! Must find out what a Jimbo's hook is!?:D

Archived