OK.. I broke down and bought the S&B Happy Hooker book..

... with the birthday money my Grams sent me..... there are so many cute things in there!!! But the kicker ( Mary Jo is going to love this)... is the bunny slippers... how incredibly cool is an adult pair of pink bunny slippers?????? I bought the book to do the " cupcake" top for the unswap Juli is doing...but now that I have seen these cuties... I might just have to have a pair... How utterly girlie is a pair of pink bunny slippers!!!!..Off to read the pattern to see if I have the knowledge, skill, patience, endurance, nerves to do them... Has anyone here tried them???

Oh Lea!!! You are going to love this book. I bought it for one pattern. And when I got it and looked through it...... I knew I was soooo glad I bought it. It has some really great patterns in it.

I have not tried them yet, I'm too intimidated, but YOU do them and let ME know how they work up!

I LOVE that book!! I've made a lot out of there and I have plans for many more!

I really like the book too. I learned how to crochet mainly from the Happy Hooker. The bunny slippers are adorable, but I am intimidated too. On Amazon, it looks like Debbie Stoller has a new book coming out called "Son of a stitch 'n bitch: 45 Projects to knit and Crochet for Men". I am looking foward to this one!

Many of the book's amazon reviews said that it was poorly written, the patterns were error-filled, etc. so I didn't get it ... is there a second version that's been revised or maybe those reviews were off base?

Many of the book's amazon reviews said that it was poorly written, the patterns were error-filled, etc. so I didn't get it ... is there a second version that's been revised or maybe those reviews were off base?

Here is the corrections site for the errors found in the book... hope that helps.

There are a TON of errors, but that didn't stop me from getting the book! It has some FABULOUS patterns in there!

I bought it for one reason, the FBB - now after 5 FBB's, the One Skien Scarf, Sweet Pea Shawl, Cupcake Top, Fit To Be Tied later, I am STILL in love with the book! I have hopes to at least do one each of all the patterns!

GOOD BUY Lea!!!

I bought this book when it first came out. I bought it for the Fat Bottom Bag espeically and the Sweet Pea shawl. I like a lot of the other projects in it.

I'm sure my copy has a lot of errors in it but with the corrections page, I'm not worried. I try not to let reviews scare me off too many things. I try to judge for myself. I looked through the book at the bookstore and loved it.

I've made at least 10 of those bags last year and I'm sure I'll make more. LOL

When I was shopping for my first instructional crochet book, I pulled a bunch off the shelf and compared them. Stich 'n Bitch had the most complete and clear instruction of the lot, and it didn't have the distracting (to me) left-handed directions. I basically learned to crochet from this book (after a few quick and dirty Internet lessons, that is!).

I have the bunny slippers on deck for my sister's birthday. I'll let everyone know how they come out!

Here is the corrections site for the errors found in the book... hope that helps.

OMG, when I got the book, it had a little slip in it that said "the illustration on page 31 for step 2 should be replaced with the image below" and then there was a picture...but I didn't know that there was THAT many mistake! Whew, thanks for the link!

I got one of the earlier editions with a ton of mistakes. And there was a whole section of pages missing. Not just missing, but 20 pages were repeated! so I basically have two patterns for some things and none for others and the back half of the sock monkey hat. And I bought it online so I can't really send it back. Tho I love love love this book and would recommend it to anyone.

Does anyone know if the SnB Knitter's journal for work for crochet? It's sealed in plastic so I can't flip through it, but I'd love something like that to record my "stuff." Any hookers got it?

Archived