Rant: Annie's Attic

birdlady1

A few months ago I signed up for the scrap crochet club. I didn't like the patterns when I received the first batch, but kept them. On my invoice (which I paid), I said please cancel my membership.

A few weeks later, I got another envelope of scrap crochet patterns and an invoice. I didn't even open the envelope and just wrote RETURN TO SENDER, CANCEL ACCOUNT.:angry

Today, I received ANOTHER envelope with patterns and an invoice. They'll be returned as well.:angry

This time I sent a nasty email to customer service repeating myself several times for them to cancel the account cancel the account cancel the account. Immediately!:angry

What is going on with "these people?":angry

I have a problem with them also. I joined and I didn't like the patterns I got, so I called and ended it. I received another one, sent it back, and they are sending me statements about it and threatening to put my name on a "list" of people who don't pay their bills....I am going to have to call them again...It is $15 but I don't have it, I sent it back!!!

maybe I will learn ... someday to stop joining "mail order clubs"!!!:angry

I know what you mean.

I requested a sample issue and got 3 bills before I even got that.

I sent the next invoice back with a request to cancel

I have not received any more issues but I get an invoice about every couple of weeks.

I keep wondering about the cost of printing and postage....If they cut back on their repeated mailings, might they be able to discount some of the prices?

I know it would help our landfill!

Same thing has happened to me...I keep sending the invoices back Please cancel...Do not receive anything but still i keep getting an invoice...

No more free check it outs for me....They should at least send a self addressed envy with postaged paid on it :lol

Just sent another invoice back to them yesterday and put Cancel on it 5 times...:think maybe this time they will take the hint..gessshhhh

This happened to me with the doll patterns club. I originally like some of the patterns, then they were getting uglier and uglier, so I canceled it. Ha! 2 months later I got another set. Sent them back unopened with please cancel on the envelop. 2 months later again. This time I called and complained that I canceled this and I was still getting the patterns.

They took the info and WA LA:2magic no more patterns. So, if this keeps up, I advise calling them.

it's always like that with Annie's Attic. I think calling the 1-800 # is probably the best way to go. I think they just keep billing you until you get fed up enough to pay them,

I never joined one of their clubs, but I did send for a "free copy" of one of their magazines. Of course, I received a billing statement before I ever got the copy. Once the magazine arrived, I didn't like it, so I cancelled. Three billings later, and a nasty note about putting me on their "list" made me send a nasty note back, telling them everything they've ever done wrong to me as a customer, and I'd put them on my "list", too, if I needed to. I never heard from them again.

I did not have any problem cancelling the catalog after receiving the free copy, I used the 800# number and did ask the CSR for her name and a confirmation number. Next billing call and told that rep who I talked to and the confirmation number

Hope this helps:manyheart

:rofl
I never joined one of their clubs, but I did send for a "free copy" of one of their magazines. Of course, I received a billing statement before I ever got the copy. Once the magazine arrived, I didn't like it, so I cancelled. Three billings later, and a nasty note about putting me on their "list" made me send a nasty note back, telling them everything they've ever done wrong to me as a customer, and I'd put them on my "list", too, if I needed to. I never heard from them again.

I have had this problem with House of White Birches.

About 8 yrs ago, I received a book in the mail; but since I was on the road with hubby at the time, I sent it back and wrote on it CANCEL... about 4 weeks later received the billing for it. And it took a nasty fon call (after a few letters) to really get them off my back.

And about a year ago I thought ok would try again !! WRONG!!!

I received my first book ok. paid for it. Then got a billing for a book that was NEVERRRRR RECEIVED!!!! I wrote them and told them that is was NOT received and that I would NOT have ordered that book anyways. I DON'T DO PAPERCRAFTING !!!!! So that would have been a waste of my money.

And still kept getting billings. Finally my Hubby called them ... and he informed them that it was NOT received and we did NOT want it anyways!! and if anymore statements was received there would be trouble.

Well we had not received anymore billings; but we received alottttttt of items on books and patterns and clubs from them. Which I open make sure its not one of those DO NOTHING'S AND IT WILL BE SHIPPED... and I toss it ...

They are on my list of DO NOT ever order!!!!!

I ck out the stores instead now ..

Archived