Dolls for Cradle Purse??

Do you have the dollar store phenomenon where you life? I once bought a whole case of small dolls for this purpose from my local dollar store. The owner even gave me a discount, he was so happy. Other than that, I think they can be purchased through Annie's Attic. Here's the link for their 5 inch baby doll.

http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=17241

Sorry, I don't know how to post a working link, but if you copy and paste it, it should get you there.

Hmm. It worked automatically

I've been getting small stuffed animals from Micheals for mine. They have the cutest little bunnies for like $1.29. I don't think they are made sturdy enough for small children though. Once I crocheted a small bear for the purse because it was going to a very young girl and I wanted something safe for her.

• 3 weeks later...

I've looked at the dollar store (Dollar Tree) and can't find any. Which dollar stores did you go to? I've made the Little Teddy Bear, and I just came up with a dress pattern for it (that might work with other dolls of about this size) and posted it online on the forum here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52577

It hasn't been tested yet, so if you try it, let me know if there are any errors.

So, which dollar store?

Victoria

• 5 months later...

Debbie: Those bunting dolls you linked to are so cute! Thanks for the link I'm going to put them on my "one day" list of things to make my daughter.

I dont know if theyd be appropriate for this, but what popped into my mind was the Madam Alexander dolls from the McDonalds Happy Meals. Officially safe for 3 & up! My girl has some in monthly theme clothes and some from the Wizard of Oz set... very cute!

I found the dolls at a store called " Dollar General". They come in boxes of 5 dolls all different color hair and outfits.. Crocheted the cradles to match the dolls!! Also found 4" dolls with face, arms and legs made out of porcelain.. The cost: $1.00... :yay I know that my granddaughter will be very happy! when she gets her cradle doll purses..:yes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived