What would you bring with...

i would bring something that did not take alot of concentration. while i took my crochet with me i ended up just making over and over since i messed up as i could not concentrate with all my meds they were giving me i finally just started making baby booties for all the nurses who were expecting, gosh must have been a ton of women having babies. lol but thats the thing i would do, take something non stressful maybe pot holders, dish cloths ect. good luck on your surgery and on your hospital stay:hug:hug:hug:hug

Last time I went, I took a book and 3 skeins of yarn & my hook roll..I wound up making a little play blanket for DD, which she loved...but I just sort of did whatever I felt like, as the mood struck me, so I wasn't following a pattern or anything...I did however use up all 3 skeins before they were ready to send me home, so you might want to bring 4 or 5 LOL!!

Good luck!

Jessie

i would bring something that did not take alot of concentration. while i took my crochet with me i ended up just making over and over since i messed up as i could not concentrate with all my meds they were giving me

omg I forgot all about that. With each child I brought something along too and never touched it. hmm

easy things i have made many times before sounds great

Last time I went, I took a book and 3 skeins of yarn & my hook roll..I wound up making a little play blanket for DD, which she loved...but I just sort of did whatever I felt like, as the mood struck me, so I wasn't following a pattern or anything...I did however use up all 3 skeins before they were ready to send me home, so you might want to bring 4 or 5 LOL!!

Good luck!

Jessie

Hey jess, how you feeling hun?

been thinkingg alot about you.

its been nuts here and dont have time to get here, but just know we are still praying for you.

miss ya much

If it was me I'd probably take my laptop (has some games on it), mp3 player, and some crochet. Well, I guess in case you have some moments you feel up to it.

Magazines, crossword puzzles, books. I wouldn't take a laptop, since most hospitals have policies saying that you can't bring valuables. I wouldn't want to doze off only to find out that my computer had been stolen.

I wouldn't take a laptop, since most hospitals have policies saying that you can't bring valuables. I wouldn't want to doze off only to find out that my computer had been stolen.

Ew, that's a good point - I guess I didn't think of that. Have taken someone their laptop before who was in for several days, so it seemed like a good idea, but I guess he wasn't thinking about that either...

Okay, books and crochet mags instead! :hook

I agree that it needs to be something very easy and repetitive! I also think it will be easier for you to work with a larger hook, I just think that thread and very fine hooks would be too stressful at this time, but that is just me. If that is calming for it, go for it! Good luck on your surgery, we will be waiting for you to get back to us!:hug

I wouldn't want to doze off only to find out that my computer had been stolen.

I agree with this completely. My mom got her wedding ring stolen when she had my youngest sister. I would just bring some yarn to play with when you feel up to it.

Depends on the surgery..I had a thyroidectomy back in October and I didn't bring anything crafty. I was out of it for most of my stay at the hospital.

Now back in January, I had to have RAI (Radio Active Iodine) where I was in isolation for a few days. I took a few skeins of Homespun, a few skeins of Patons Grace, a few good books, a laptop that I didn't use, and a crossword puzzle. I was so bored! No one could visit, and all I had was the phone and tv. Hopefully your visit in the hospital will be fast and non painful. Please let us know when you get back and how you are feeling!

I had two foot reconstruction surgeries. Both my arches were lowered an inch and a half. I don't recommend this it hurts a lot, but I can walk again. I taught myself to crochet with the first one.My husband told me I was driving him crazy and bought me a book , a hook and some yarn. The second surgery. I brought a simple project and I have a PDA for games, a few books and magazines.

I'd take some squares. It's a nice, small, light project that won't make your arms ache...you won't get too hot underneath the likes of a big afghan...plus, you get to do something repetitive, without concentration, but you can take different colours to make it more interesting. Just an idea.

Archived