Testers needed for Silly Monkey! *Testers Found*

Melissa

I need up to 5 testers for my Silly Monkey!

436760344_7dc0b18e63_m.jpg

Now the details: I used Red Heart Super Saver; about 1.5 oz MC, .5 oz CC, a G hook, some stuffing, and 2 - 7/16" shank buttons for the eyes. It's okay to change colors, it's okay to sub yarn, it's okay if you don't have the buttons - it's the directions I need tested. This guy should be do-able by advanced or adventurous beginners.

Please PM me to volunteer: slots will not be filled on a first-come, first serve basis, but requests will be considered in the order in which they are received. Please only volunteer if you can start right away; I would like to complete testing within a week. I'll be back on here this evening to answer requests!

:ty Thank you in advance to everyone who is willing to volunteer their time and skill to help me out, I apreciate the testers I find here so much!

OK, I know it's taking me FOREVER to make my monkey, but I already have the head, body and a leg done!...Oh, I'm pretty pathetic, aren't I?! :( I'm going to try and finish my monkey this week. If I don't, I'll PM you and tell you about what I've done. I'm making him with purple Red Heart yarn, and then where I'm supposed to use the color linen I'm using a blue-green-purple Bernat boa yarn!

OK, I know it's taking me FOREVER to make my monkey, but I already have the head, body and a leg done!...Oh, I'm pretty pathetic, aren't I?! :( I'm going to try and finish my monkey this week. If I don't, I'll PM you and tell you about what I've done. I'm making him with purple Red Heart yarn, and then where I'm supposed to use the color linen I'm using a blue-green-purple Bernat boa yarn!

Out of interest, have you tried crocheting with Bernat Boa before? I find it impossible to make amigurumi out of Boa. Maybe it's just me but, unlike with other fuzzy yarns, I really can't see where to stick the crochet hook when I tried Boa! I hope it's just my blind spot and that you have better luck... I'll keep an eye out to see how your monkey turns out :)

Out of interest, have you tried crocheting with Bernat Boa before? I find it impossible to make amigurumi out of Boa. Maybe it's just me but, unlike with other fuzzy yarns, I really can't see where to stick the crochet hook when I tried Boa! I hope it's just my blind spot and that you have better luck... I'll keep an eye out to see how your monkey turns out :)

This may sound weird, but when I'm working with the BOA tarn, I feel the stitches, insted of look at them! I also use this method when I'm crocheting with a soft, squishy, non-see-able-stitches yarn. (Did that make sense!!!LOL)

hello, im almost done with the monkey, i havent found any problems so far, im doing it with size 30 thread and size E hook. i will post pictures soon. thanks :0

This may sound weird, but when I'm working with the BOA tarn, I feel the stitches, insted of look at them! I also use this method when I'm crocheting with a soft, squishy, non-see-able-stitches yarn. (Did that make sense!!!LOL)

:yes That does make sense - I do the same with yans like Homespun or boucles when I can't quite see the stitches. Maybe I should give Boa another try!

Archived