Crochet Kharma?

I have found myself in this situation many times....

I'm getting to the VERY end of a skein, and I'm also nearing the end of the motif/row/project and will no longer need that color...

Does anyone else have this feeling when they get in this situation that it will be sheer GOOD KHARMA if they finish with just a few inches left, but BAD KHARMA if they'll have to bust into another skein just to use up a few inches?

I'm not normally a superstitious person at all, but whenever I end on a color with a couple inches to spare, I have this feeling that all is right with the world...

Oh, the simple things it takes to make me happy!!! :blush

Yes I have been there too, I know exactly what you mean. Feels good to not have to open a new skein for that row. Even if you have to for the next color change.....the things that make a crocheter happy....

I get this all the time, I'll be doing a row and have maybe one cluster or repetition of stitches to go and run of yarn and have to start another just for a couple of stitiches...such a waste! Plus I think it weakens the whole project, I have this awful feeling like that one little peice of yarn will fall out.

I would consider that as good luck. It would make me so happy to finish a project with just enough yarn left to weave in. Unfortunately I have not has such luck. I either have to use another skein for the last row or I have enough left for one more row. I have actually had that happen right when I have to do a color change. That was really nice. :c9

Bad karma is if you bust into the next skein and then return it to the store after using a bit! :eek

:rofl That would be bad karma!

Here's what I started:

I am working on my son's Tetris afghan and I got half-way through a square and I ran out of that color, so I went on to the next color and when I get to the end of it, I will stop before I run out and continue the half-done square, making it bigger and bigger with all the left-overs form the Tetris-ghan and give it to my daughter for her dolls. The colors will all go together and who cares that the colors swap off at odd times?

Archived