Revive the sock-along?

yarnyviolet

I have so many projects going on right now but I really want to learn how to make socks - I will check this post again to see whats going on :cheer

Oh, I just realized that I don't have that magazine - boo hoo

I think any pattern is fine but the old patterns had mostly after-thought heels and this one doesn't. A lot of the new sock patterns have an inclusive heel so I thought that maybe people would want to try socks again. You can never have too many socks!

Rachel

I have made about half a dozen pairs of socks and prefer sock yarn and hdc but I have never tried making socks wth the esc stitch so that might be good too. I have done both top down and toe up. Toe up is great if you are making them for yourself and want to measure them. Crocheted socks don't have as much stretch as knitted ones and often when you are putting them on you have to ease them up around the heel sort of like putting on pantyhose. I do prefer the heel to be included as I find that when you make an afterthought heel the bend in the sock is tighter. If you chain loose enough when skipping the heel it solves the problem. I am already experimenting with crocheted cables in a sock but am happy to start this new sock pattern. It is not like I have to go out and buy yarn as I have a pile of sock yarn at the minute. Socks are also great to make in the summer as they are so small they don't make you hot (like an afghan).

Rachel

Rachel,

If you call the CAL the "Crochetme Ultimate Crocheted Socks" CAL, I'd think that it's a new thread. If you simply call it a "Sock" CAL, it's really a continuation of the old thread. Just my 5 pennies worth (:)). But you're the CC (CAL Chief) (:nworthy), so it's your call... :yes

Archived